Updated 2021! Zaxby’s is a chicken fast food chain with hundreds of restaurants in the Southern United States. You will need to do some sleuthing if craving a salad, but they do offer some sandwiches and baskets of wings that are made without dairy. In fact, Zaxby’s has nine flavors of both boneless and bone-in wings that are made without dairy. And sometimes they offer limited edition sauces. Plus, there are some bonus dairy-free dipping sauce options!
No Dairy (Milk-Based) Ingredients (see disclaimer below)
- Sandwiches – BLT Sandwich, BLT Sandwich Meal, Grilled Chicken Sandwich, Grilled Chicken Sandwich Meal
- Boneless & Traditional Wings (see Allergen Note) – No Sauce, BBQ, HHM (Hot Honey Mustard), Insane, Nuclear, Sweet & Spicy, Teriyaki, Tongue Torch, Wimpy
- Sides – Crinkle Fries, Tater Chips, Texas Toast, Celery, Cole Slaw, Side Salad
- Dipping Sauces – Honey Mustard, Zak Sauce
- Signature Sauces – BBQ, Hot Honey Mustard, Insane, Nuclear, Sweet & Spicy, Teriyaki, Tongue Torch, Wimpy
- Salad Dressings – Citrus Vinaigrette, Honey Mustard, Lite Vinaigrette, Thousand Island
Other Allergen Notes
- Beyond the top 8 allergens, Zaxby’s allergen chart also cross-references menu items for MSG, gluten, and sulfiting agents. Their allergen chart does not break down menu items, so you might be able to order some of their “Zalads” or other Sandwiches with special order requests (i.e. hold the cheese, use a specific bread, swap in a dairy-free salad dressing). We’re working on obtaining more detailed information.
- On the Zaxby’s menu, all wings are listed with Ranch, but you can order your dairy-free Dipping Sauce of choice. See our list above.
- Oddly enough, the “Original” was the only flavor of wings that contained dairy when we did our update. Just a heads up since that might be unexpected!
- Surprisingly, the Marinara Sauce at Zaxby’s contains milk.
More Details from Zaxby’s
Allergen Disclaimer from Zaxby’s: All ingredient and allergen information was obtained from product vendors. Zaxby’s cannot guarantee our foods are 100% allergen free. We use shared equipment during food preparation which could result in the cross-contact of allergens. Additionally, Zaxby’s suppliers may use ingredients in their manufacturing facilities where trace amounts of allergens could come in contact with Zaxby’s ingredients, or any product formula could be changed without prior notice to Zaxby’s.
Restaurant Website: www.zaxbys.com
Allergen Information: www.zaxbys.com/menu/ (bottom of page in both Nutrition Info and Allergen Info)
*The above information was supplied by the corresponding restaurant via their website, customer service, or other published nutritional information. Ingredients and menu offerings are constantly changing in the food service industry, and can be subject to interpretation. For this reason, Go Dairy Free does not guarantee nor take responsibility for the accuracy of this information. If severe allergies or intolerances are a concern, contact the restaurant directly before purchasing or consuming one of their products. Cross-contamination of potential food allergens should always be considered a possibility in a fast food restaurant.
Last Updated: February 20, 2021