Updated 2018! Zaxby’s is a chicken fast food chain with hundreds of restaurants in the Southern United States. You will need to do some sleuthing if craving a salad, but they do offer some sandwiches and baskets of wings that are made without dairy. There are even some dipping sauce options!
No Dairy (Milk-Based) Ingredients (see disclaimer below)
- Sandwiches – Grilled Chicken Sandwich, Grilled Chicken Sandwich Meal, BLT Sandwich, BLT Sandwich Meal
- Boneless & Traditional Wings (see Allergen Note) – No Sauce, Wimpy, Tongue Torch, Nuclear, Insane, HHM, Sweet & Spicy, Teriyaki, BBQ
- Sides – Cole Slaw, Celery, Crinkle Fries, Side Salad, Tater Chips, Texas Toast
- Dipping Sauces – Zax Sauce, Honey Mustard
- Signature Sauces -Hot Honey Mustard, Tongue Torch, Insane, Nuclear, Teriyaki, Wimpy, BBQ, Sweet & Spicy
- Salad Dressings – Thousand Island, Honey French, Lite Vinaigrette, Honey Mustard
Other Allergen Notes: Beyond the top 8 allergens, their allergen chart also cross-references menu items for MSG, gluten, and sulfiting agents. Their allergen chart does not break down menu items, so you might be able to order some of their “Zalads” or other Sandwiches with special order requests (i.e. hold the cheese, use a specific bread, swap in a dairy-free salad dressing). And oddly enough, the “Original” was the only flavor of wings that contained dairy when we did our update. Just a heads up since that might be unexpected!
More Details from Zaxby’s
Allergen Disclaimer from Zaxby’s: All ingredient and allergen information was obtained from product vendors. Zaxby’s cannot guarantee our foods are 100% allergen free. We use shared equipment during food preparation which could result in the cross-contact of allergens. Additionally, Zaxby’s suppliers may use ingredients in their manufacturing facilities where trace amounts of allergens could come in contact with Zaxby’s ingredients, or any product formula could be changed without prior notice to Zaxby’s.
Restaurant Website: www.zaxbys.com
Allergen Information: www.zaxbys.com/zaxbys-allergen-guide/
*The above information was supplied by the corresponding restaurant via their website, customer service, or other published nutritional information. Ingredients and menu offerings are constantly changing in the food service industry, and can be subject to interpretation. For this reason, Go Dairy Free does not guarantee nor take responsibility for the accuracy of this information. If severe allergies or intolerances are a concern, contact the restaurant directly before purchasing or consuming one of their products. Cross-contamination of potential food allergens should always be considered a possibility in a fast food restaurant.
Last Updated: August 4, 2018