McConnell’s Fine Ice Creams recently launched a line of dairy-free ice cream that’s available at their Southern California scoop shops. The pints can also be ordered via their website (below) for cool doorstep delivery within the U.S.
The 70-year-old, Santa Barbara-based family business crafted their vegan flavors with a proprietary blend of 100% micronized pea protein. The result is a base that is more neutral in flavor (no almond or coconut aftertaste!). And the company says it shares the mouthfeel of McConnell’s super smooth ice creams.
The McConnell’s Dairy-Free Frozen Desserts Collection currently includes the following flavors.
- Dark Chocolate Chip – An indulgent trio of Guittard dark cocoas is paired with melted bittersweet chocolate chips in this chocoholic dream.
- Toasted Coconut Almond Chip – Generous amounts of toasted coconut, salt-roasted almonds, and bittersweet shards are scattered about for ample flavor in every bite.
- Cookies & Cream – The vanilla based is packed with crushed Newman’s Own Organics sandwich cookies.
- Turkish Coffee – This full-bodied ice cream is enriched with bold, house-brewed espresso.
- Eureka Lemon & Marionberries – Marionberry preserves are swirled into their tart and tangy, Eureka lemon-infused frozen dessert.
And the company says that these five vegan flavors are just the beginning. They already have plans to add more flavors to their dairy-free line up.
Where to Find McConnell’s Fine Ice Cream
They have a smattering of scoop shops in Southern California. See the website below for addresses and hours. But if you live out of area, you can order online! The price is a splurge, but they do ship frozen pints direct to customers throughout the U.S.