We’ve created this ever-growing guide to restaurants, bakeries, cafes, and ice cream shops in Missouri that are friendly to dairy-free diners. It’s a collection based on research and reader recommendations (send yours!), that’s divided into local restaurants (first) and chains (second).
Note: You can ignore the date on this post going forward. We’ll update the information below whenever we’re alerted to a new restaurant recommendation, change, or closure.
Local Missouri Restaurants Recommended for Dairy-Free Eats
We’ve listed these recommendations alphabetically by city, and then by the restaurant or shop name.
⭐️ = Restaurant is either dairy-free, has a dairy-free menu, has dairy-free labels on their menu(s), or lists top allergens with menu items. (At the time of our last review.)
- Main Squeeze – This cheerful vegetarian cafe is open for casual breakfast and lunch. They serve many vegan options, which are clearly labeled on their menu, including salads, sandwiches, wraps, and bowls. They also house a full juice bar with vegan smoothies made from fruits, coconut yogurt, and almond milk.
- Blue Koi – This is a popular spot for house-made noodles, from-scratch dumplings, and bubble tea. They offer soymilk for making their teas, and most of the dishes at this Chinese restaurant are dairy-free. They also label special vegan items right on the menu.
- Blue Nile Cafe – This is the city’s oldest Ethiopian restaurant. They have a big selection of vegan dishes, but like most Ethiopian restaurants, the meat dishes are cooked with butter.
- KC Kitchen & Pizzeria – This restaurant contacted us to share their vegan-friendly menu. They have several vegan pizzas, burgers, hoagies, and appetizers to choose from. Even more items can be made dairy-free, since they offer dairy-free cheese alternative. To top it off, they serve vegan desserts, including dairy-free cheesecake! Gluten-free menu options are also available.
- Mud Pie Vegan Bakery & Coffeehouse ⭐️ – This neighborhood cafe makes dairy-free guests feel at home with their big selection of pastries. They offer muffins, scones, cookies, cakes, cheesy bagels, and more. You can grab something to go, or order a latte and linger.
- Waldo Pizza – They serve regular cheesy pizzas, but their vegan menu is HUGE! They offer three types of vegan crust (including gluten-free), numerous vegan sauces (their garlic “butter” is actually dairy-free), Daiya and Follow Your Heart cheese alternatives, faux meats, and a good selection of vegetables for their pizzas. They also have quite a few vegan appetizers, salads, sandwiches, pastas, and even a vegan chocolate cake for dessert. Additional items from their standard menu can be adapted for “just dairy free” needs.
- Blue Koi – This is the spot for house-made noodles, from-scratch dumplings, and bubble tea. They offer soymilk for making their teas, and most of the dishes at this Chinese restaurant are dairy-free. They also offer some vegan dishes.
- Waldo Pizza – Their sizable vegan menu includes three types of vegan crust (including gluten-free), numerous sauces (their garlic “butter” is actually dairy-free), Daiya and Follow Your Heart cheese alternatives, faux meats, and a good selection of vegetables for their pizzas. They also have quite a few vegan starters, sandwiches, pastas, salad bar choices, and even a vegan chocolate cake for dessert. Additional items from their standard menu can be adapted for “just dairy free” needs.
- Mud Pie Vegan Bakery & Coffeehouse ⭐️ – The menu at this location mimics their Kansas City shop with a big array of sweet pastries and desserts, a handful of savory items, and a full coffee menu. It’s a casual little cafe that’s easy for grab and go, but also has a seating area.
- Pizza Head – Sophie A. recommended this vegetarian pizzeria to us on Facebook. “I had their vegan pepperoni pizza there last summer and it was phenomenal! I ordered the biggest size pizza they had and I’m glad they did because the leftovers were great.” They offer two types of vegan cheese, including house-made cashew cheese and mozz shreds, and top with vegetables and plant-based faux “meats.”
- PuraVegan Cafe ⭐️ – After yoga, you can enjoy a recharge at this on-site vegan cafe. They provide a full juice bar, healthy dairy-free smoothies, an array of nutritious lunch items, and some virtuous treats with gluten-free options. There are also some specialty dairy-free grocery items available for purchase.
Most Popular Chains in Missouri for Dairy-Free Diners
There are many more chains in this state, but these are the ones we recommend most for dairy-free options.
This Guide is Continuously Updated with Recommendations
We welcome you to recommend other dairy-free friendly restaurants. Leave a comment or contact us and tell us why you like a certain restaurant. Restaurant owners and employees are also invited to reach out and let us know how you welcome dairy-free customers.
Please kindly let us know in the comments if any of these restaurants close. We want to keep this list current for you, but aren’t always notified when a restaurant closes. Let us know and we will quickly update!
This Guide is for Informational Purposes Only
Menus, ingredients, kitchen procedures, management, and restaurants are subject to change at any time. Always read the menu and discuss your dietary needs with the staff before ordering. Make sure that they can accommodate your situation.
There is always a risk for potential cross-contamination of allergens in any commercial kitchen. If cross-contamination is an issue for you, always speak with the manager to ensure that your meal can be safely prepared. Listings here do not guarantee that a restaurant is safe enough for your individual needs. Only you can make that decision.