Don’t let their website fool you. Paciugo Gelato has a wide range of dairy-free flavors. Like many gelato shops, they have a solid selection of rich dairy-free sorbettos. But they also make several creamy vegan varieties with coconut milk, soy milk, and even oat milk. We’re updating this post with all of their current options.
How to Order Dairy Free at Paciugo Gelato
Their corporate was kind enough to share the this dairy-free and vegan information with us.
Dairy-Free Sorbet & Plant-Based Gelato
- Sorbets: All Paciugo Gelato locations serve sorbets in fruit-forward flavors, which are made with a water base. They come in surprisingly creamy flavors like Cantaloupe, Bellini, Margarita, Pineapple Ginger, and Strawberry. Most of their shops have a few sorbet flavors daily.
- Coconut Milk Gelato: It might not be on their website, but according to Paciugo Gelato, they have dairy-free, plant-based, coconut milk gelato at all of their shops. On any given day, you might flavors like Pistachio, Chocolate, Mint, Peanut Butter, Toasted Coconut, Amaretto Black Cherry, Raspberry, or others. Most shops carry one or two coconut milk options daily, but the flavor(s) can rotate.
- Oat Milk Gelato: Paciugo Gelato has been testing dairy-free oat milk gelato at select locations. It hasn’t been embraced nationwide yet, but you might spot a flavor at your local shop.
- Soy Milk Gelato: This was their first vegan line of creamy gelato. The no longer carry it nationwide, but it can still be found in some of their shops. Rumor has it, they’ve had some decadent soy-based, dairy-free flavors like Wedding Cake and Dulce de Leche.
Cones Notes: Unfortunately, the cones at Pacuigo Gelato do contain dairy, so you’ll want to order your scoops in a cup.
- Gelato Pops: The stores often make popsicles from their gelato and sorbets. They typically have dairy-free varieties available.
- Shakes: Their Espresso and Cold Brew Shakes are popular with their dairy-free chocolate coconut milk gelato, when available. They can make other dairy-free blends, too!
- Fruit Smoothies: These are fat-free, dairy-free, and made with their fruit sorbets.
- Coffee Drinks: Each location offers a selection of dairy-free milk beverages for customizing your coffee drink. Depending on the location, they might have coconut , almond, soy, and/or oat milk beverage.
- Hot Chocolate: We were told they can also make their hot chocolate dairy-free with one of the dairy-free milk beverages listed above.
This Post is for Informational Purposes Only
Menus, ingredients, kitchen procedures, management, food sourcing, and restaurant protocols are subject to change at any time. Always read the menu and discuss your dietary needs with the staff before ordering. Make sure they can accommodate your situation. This post is for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as advice.
There is always a risk for potential cross-contamination of allergens in any commercial kitchen. If cross-contamination is an issue for you, always speak with the manager to ensure that your meal can be safely prepared. Listings here do not guarantee that a restaurant is safe enough for your individual needs. Only you can make that decision.
Each location of a chain restaurant has different management and staff, and some might have different owners. This means differences in processes, ingredients used, menu options, and food sourcing can occur. Always verify the safety of your order for your needs at your current location.
Where to Find: Paciugo Gelato
They have a heavy concentration of locations in Texas. But you can also find a smattering of Paciugo Gelato shops in California (Southern), Colorado, Nevada (Las Vegas), Florida, Louisiana, Michigan, New York, Oklahoma, and Washington. See their website below for locations and phone numbers.