Last Update in September 2021! Over several decades, Peet’s Coffee has caffeinated millions of people in major cities across the US. But their menu goes far beyond a simple cup of Joe. Peet’s offers a large assortment of specialty coffees, blended drinks, teas, and freshly baked goods, with a surprising amount of dairy-free and vegan options. They’ve even started a line of oat lattes, with seasonal flavors, and have tested the waters with plant-based food. See what’s currently in store in our quick guide below.
Peet’s Coffee Dairy-Free Menu Guide with Vegan Options
Sadly, Peet’s dairy-free whipped cream was discontinued a few years ago. But they are forging ahead with dairy-free milk beverage options, seasonal dairy-free drinks, and even plant-based menu items. The following items are also vegan, unless otherwise noted.
Menu Coffee & Tea Drinks
- Coffee (hot or cold brew)
- Espresso (hot or iced)
- Golden Spice Cold Brew Oat Latte (seasonal)
- Horchata Cold Brew Oat Latte (seasonal)
- Maple Oat Frappé (seasonal; exclusive to Peetnik Rewards members)
- Original Cold Brew Oat Latte
- Pumpkin Oat Foam Cold Brew (seasonal)
- Teas (hot or iced)
- Caffe Latte (hot or iced; dairy-free milk)
- Caffe Mocha (hot or iced; dairy-free milk, no whip)
- Cappuccino (hot or iced; dairy-free milk)
- Chai Latte (hot or iced; dairy-free milk)
- Matcha Green Tea Latte (hot, iced, or blended iced; dairy-free milk, no whip)
- Maple Latte (hot or iced; dairy-free milk; seasonal)
- Pumpkin Latte (hot or iced; dairy-free milk; seasonal)
- Vanilla Latte (hot or iced; dairy-free milk)
- Hot Chocolate (dairy-free milk, no whip)
Heads Up! According to Peet’s, the vast majority of their hot and cold beverages can be made vegan if you place your order with a dairy-free milk alternative, hold the whip, and avoid non-vegan sauces (see below). The exceptions are the Havana Cappuccinos and Black Ties which cannot be made vegan. They are made with sweetened condensed milk.
Dairy-Free Milk Beverages
Heads Up! The Barista line is formulated to steam, foam, and pour seamlessly into hot and cold beverages. In the past, Peet’s has also offered Coconut Milk Beverage, but it is no longer a regular.
Syrups for Beverage Orders
Heads Up! Peet’s Coffee uses Monin Syrups, which the company says are all dairy-free, and appear to be made without top allergens.
Sauces for Beverage Orders
- Chocolate Sauce (for hot cocoa and mochas)
- Dark Chocolate Sauce
- Pumpkin Sauce (for seasonal pumpkin spice lattes)
Heads Up! Peet’s caramel and white chocolate sauces do contain dairy.
- Bagel, Plain without no cream cheese (DC Area, Illinois, Portland)
- Banana Walnut Bread (Portland; contains egg, not vegan)
- Carrot Zucchini Bread (Portland, Seattle; contains egg, not vegan)
- Guittard Chocolate Brownie, Wheat-Free (Northern California)
- Morning Glory Muffin with Coconut (DC Area)
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookie (Portland, Seattle; contains egg, not vegan)
- Orange Cranberry Scone (DC Area)
- Peanut Butter Cookie (Southern California)
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread (Colorado, Illinois; contains egg, not vegan)
- Zucchini Bread (Colorado; contains egg, not vegan)
Heads Up! The options might vary by location, even within the region specified. Peet’s Coffee sources some of their baked goods locally, which is why a type of muffin or cookie might be dairy-free in one region of the country, but not in another. Boston does not list any dairy-free or vegan options at their locations.
- Simply Oatmeal
- The Everything Plant-Based Sandwich (select locations)
Heads Up! You can substitute vegan cheddar on other select breakfast sandwiches at Peet’s Coffee, where the Plant-Based Sandwich is available, to make them dairy-free. Ask about availability and other breakfast sandwich ingredients at your location.
Grab & Go Food
- Egg Cup (not vegan)
- Hard Boiled Egg (not vegan)
- Blueberry Vanilla Cashew Bar (contains honey, not vegan)
- Dark Chocolate Nuts & Sea Salt Bar (contains honey, not vegan)
- Fruit & Nut Medley
- Nut Trail Mix
Where to Find Peet’s Coffee & Tea
Peet’s Coffee has locations throughout California, Colorado, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Oregon, Virginia, and Washington. Visit the website below to find a specific location near you.
Average Reader Review
Rate Your Dairy-Free Experience with this Restaurant
What Others Are Saying ...
Fantastic service and understanding
The baristas always understand exactly what I can and can’t eat, and I don’t have to find myself explaining what soy is (or dairy). They care a lot about their customers and have great drinks.