Updated in 2021! Planet Smoothie came onto our radar in 2016, when they launched a limited time line of dairy-free smoothies made with almond milk. A couple of those smoothies were retired, but the almond milk became a permanent offering on their nationwide menus. So today Planet Smoothie has a decent-sized selection of dairy-free smoothies and bowls. In fact, they come out with a few seasonal options throughout the year, some of which stick around. This year, they’ve moved forward with their tropical offerings.
Dairy-Free Menu Guide for Planet Smoothie with Vegan Options
Substitutions can be made to make most of the smoothies and bowls dairy-free at Planet Smoothie. You can ask to swap almond milk for dairy milk, pea protein for whey protein, and more fruit for yogurt, frozen yogurt, or sherbet. The menu below is also vegan-friendly, minus the honey.
- Crazy Bee – mango, strawberries, honey
- Leapin’ Lizard – peaches, strawberries
- Lunar Lemonade – strawberry, lemonade, bananas
- Mediterranean Monster – strawberries, bananas, orange juice
- Strawberry Colada – pineapple, coconut, strawberries, (sub almond milk for the nonfat milk), vanilla
- 2 Piece Bikini – strawberries, bananas, vanilla, (sub almond milk for the nonfat milk)
- Acai Original – organic acai, apple, strawberries, bananas
- Amazon Kick – organic acai, blueberries, strawberries, bananas
- Nutty Brazilian – organic acai, peanut butter, bananas
- Pineapple Tropi-Kale Twist – almond milk, leafy greens, passion fruit, pineapple
- Grape Ape – grape juice, strawberries, energy blast
- Mango Passion – mango, passion fruit, strawberries, energy blast
- Road Runner – blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, orange juice, energy blast
Energy Blast: The energy supplement at Planet Smoothie contains guarana, ginger, white willow bark, “ancient rainforest plants,” and “a blend of minerals and supplements” to help keep you going.
- Big Bang – strawberries, bananas, vanilla, (sub pea protein for the whey protein)
- Chocolate Chimp – cocoa, bananas, vanilla, honey, (sub pea protein for the whey protein)
- Lean Green Extreme – pineapples, mango, bananas, leafy greens, orange juice, pea protein
- Planet Pro Veg Smoothie – choice of 2 fruits blended with pea protein
Vegan Protein: Planet Pro Veg is a vegan pea protein powder.
Seasonal & Featured Specials
- Fiji Island Breeze (summer) – coconut water, leafy greens, passion fruit, pineapple, mango, bananas
- Dragon Fruit Lemon Splash (summer) – dragon fruit, lemon, strawberries, pineapple
- Rio Berry Bliss (summer) – coconut water, açaí, strawberries, raspberries, pineapple
- Berry Dragon Fruit Breeze – dragon fruit, açaí, strawberries, raspberries, pineapple, almond milk
- Almond Berry Blast – almond butter, blueberries, strawberries, bananas, whole grain oats, vanilla
- Antioxidant Avenger (winter) – defend+ blast, leafy greens, passion fruit, mango, pineapple, bananas
- Berry Defender (winter) – defend+ blast, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, almond milk, orange juice, chia seeds
Defend Blast: The Defend+ supplement at Planet Smoothie is a “blast” with 1000mg of vitamin C, plus vitamin D and zinc for an immune boost.
Smoothie Bowls (select locations)
- Almond Butter Crunch Bowl – almond butter, strawberries, bananas, granola, topped with bananas and granola
- Amazon Kick Bowl – acai, blueberries, strawberries, bananas topped with granola and bananas
- Dragon Fruit Beach Bowl – dragon fruit, apple, peanut butter, almond milk topped with chia seeds and granola
- Nutty Brazilian Bowl – acai, peanut butter, bananas topped with granola and bananas
- Rio Bowl – banana, apple, acai and chia seeds topped with bananas
- Two to Mango Bowl – passion fruit, banana, mango, blueberries topped with granola and coconut
Heads Up! The core Planet Smoothie granola is dairy-free, but we’ve been told that some stores might choose to outsource the granola locally. Check in store to verify your options.
Everyday Blasts (smoothie nutrient add-ins)
- Immunity – Elderberry, vitamin E, and vitamin C
- MultiVitamin – “essential vitamins and minerals”
- Fiber – flaxseed
- Energy – see Energy Smoothies above
- Fat Burner – essential amino acids and plant extracts
- Protein – choose the plant-based pea protein
- Ginger Shot
- Wheatgrass Shot
- Alternative Baking Company Vegan Cookies (select locations, various flavors)
This Post is for Informational Purposes Only
Menus, ingredients, kitchen procedures, management, and restaurants are subject to change at any time. Always read the menu and discuss your dietary needs with the staff before ordering. Make sure that they can accommodate your situation. This post is for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as advice.
There is always a risk for potential cross-contamination of allergens in any commercial kitchen. If cross-contamination is an issue for you, always speak with the manager to ensure that your meal can be safely prepared. Listings here do not guarantee that a restaurant is safe enough for your individual needs. Only you can make that decision.
Where to Find Planet Smoothie
They are headquartered in Atlanta, but now have over 100 locations across the U.S., including a couple shops on Hawaii. See their website below for locations, hours, phone numbers and for their menu.