Updated February 2023! Planet Smoothie came onto our radar in 2016, when they launched a limited time line of dairy-free smoothies made with almond milk. A couple of those smoothies were retired, but the almond milk became a permanent offering on their nationwide menus. So today Planet Smoothie has a decent-sized selection of dairy-free smoothies and bowls. In fact, they come out with a few seasonal options throughout the year, some of which stick around. This year, they’ve moved forward with their tropical offerings.
Dairy-Free Menu Guide for Planet Smoothie with Vegan Options
This menu guide includes dairy-free menu options first, followed by custom order components. Be aware of special order requirements in parentheses () next to the menu items, and see the Heads Up notes to help fill in the blanks. Please note that this guide is for the U.S. locations. Options may vary in other countries.
Blender Note: Planet Smoothie does use dairy protein, frozen yogurt, and sherbet in their blenders. If concerned about potential cross-contamination, be sure to request a clean pitcher, and speak with the staff about any other cross-contamination risks.
Substitution Note: Substitutions can be made to make most of the smoothies and bowls dairy-free at Planet Smoothie. In store and online, you can substitute plant protein for any dairy protein and one of the dairy-free liquids listed below for any dairy milk, yogurt, sherbet, or frozen yogurt. In-store, the staff will often substitute banana or another fruit for any yogurt, sherbet, or frozen yogurt on request. Our guide below lists the options that are dairy-free as is, or require minimal substitutions (retaining their intended flavor).
Other Allergen & Dietary Notes: All items listed below are also made without egg, unless otherwise noted. The menu below is also vegan, as long as you omit the honey, or unless otherwise noted.
- Immunity Igniter – probiotic blast, orange juice, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, chia seeds
- Polka Dot Bikini – fat burner blast, strawberries, bananas, (sub almond milk for the nonfat milk), vanilla
Heads Up! We did confirm that the probiotic blast is made without top allergens.
Planet Lite Smoothies
- Caribbean Citrus Splash – coconut water, strawberries, orange juice, mango, lemon
- Fiji Island Breeze – coconut water, leafy greens, passion fruit, pineapple, mango, bananas
- Leapin’ Lizard – peaches, strawberries
- Lunar Lemonade – strawberry, lemonade, bananas
- Mediterranean Monster – strawberries, bananas, orange juice
- Strawberry Colada – pineapple, coconut, strawberries, (sub almond milk for the nonfat milk), vanilla
- 2 Piece Bikini – strawberries, bananas, vanilla, (sub almond milk for the nonfat milk)
- Grape Ape – grape juice, strawberries, energy blast
- Mango Passion – mango, passion fruit, strawberries, energy blast
- Road Runner – blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, orange juice, energy blast
Energy Blast: The energy supplement at Planet Smoothie contains guarana, ginger, white willow bark, “ancient rainforest plants,” and “a blend of minerals and supplements” to help keep you going.
- Amazon Kick – organic acai, blueberries, strawberries, bananas
- Dragon Fruit Lemon Splash – dragon fruit, lemon, strawberries, pineapple
- Pineapple Tropi-Kale Twist – almond milk, leafy greens, passion fruit, pineapple
- Rio Berry Bliss – coconut water, açaí, strawberries, raspberries, pineapple
- Big Bang – strawberries, bananas, vanilla, (sub pea protein for the whey protein)
- Chocolate Chimp – cocoa, bananas, vanilla, honey, (sub pea protein for the whey protein)
- Lean Green Extreme – pineapples, mango, bananas, leafy greens, orange juice, pea protein
Plant-Based Protein: Planet Smoothie uses a pea protein for their vegan option.
Meal Replacement Smoothies
Heads Up! Most of the Meal Replacement Smoothies can be made dairy-free by substituting plant-based protein for the meal replacement powder, but they won’t have the same high calorie and nutrient count.
- Berry Strawberry – strawberries
- Groovy Grape – grape juice, peanut butter, strawberries
- Little Lunar – strawberries, lemon, bananas
Smoothie Bowls (select locations)
- Almond Butter Crunch Bowl – almond butter, strawberries, bananas, granola, topped with bananas and granola
- Amazon Kick Bowl – acai, blueberries, strawberries, bananas topped with granola and bananas
- Dragon Fruit Beach Bowl – dragon fruit, apple, peanut butter, almond milk topped with chia seeds and granola
- Nutty Brazilian Bowl – acai, peanut butter, bananas topped with granola and bananas
- Rio Bowl – banana, apple, acai and chia seeds topped with bananas
- Two to Mango Bowl – passion fruit, banana, mango, blueberries topped with granola and coconut
Heads Up! The core Planet Smoothie granola is dairy-free, but we’ve been told that some stores might choose to outsource the granola locally. Check in store to verify your options.
- Ginger Shot
- Wheatgrass Shot
- Alternative Baking Company Vegan Cookies (select locations, various flavors)
Smoothie Liquid Bases
- Almond Milk
- Coconut Water
- Grape Juice
- Orange Juice
Everyday Blasts (smoothie nutrient add-ins)
- Defend – 1000mg vitamin C, plus vitamin D and zinc (seasonal)
- Energy – see Energy Smoothies above
- Fat Burner – essential amino acids and plant extracts
- Fiber – flaxseed
- Immunity – Elderberry, vitamin E, and vitamin C
- MultiVitamin – “essential vitamins and minerals”
- Protein – choose the plant-based pea protein
- Almond Butter
- Chia Seeds
- Oreo Cookies
- PB2 Peanut Powder
- Peanut Butter
This Post is for Informational Purposes Only
Menus, ingredients, kitchen procedures, management, food sourcing, and restaurant protocols are subject to change at any time. Always read the menu and discuss your dietary needs with the staff before ordering. Make sure they can accommodate your situation. This post is for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as advice.
There is always a risk for potential cross-contamination of allergens in any commercial kitchen. If cross-contamination is an issue for you, always speak with the manager to ensure that your meal can be safely prepared. Listings here do not guarantee that a restaurant is safe enough for your individual needs. Only you can make that decision.
Each location of a chain restaurant has different management and staff, and some might have different owners. This means differences in processes, ingredients used, menu options, and food sourcing can occur. Always verify the safety of your order for your needs at your current location.
Where to Find Planet Smoothie
They are headquartered in Atlanta, but now have over 100 locations across the U.S., including a couple shops on Hawaii. See their website below for locations, hours, phone numbers and for their menu.
This helped me decide which smoothies to get thank you