Last Updated October 2020! Asian might seem like an obvious one for dairy-free, but milk-based ingredients are used in a lot of Asian restaurant kitchens. Tokyo Joe’s on the other hand is almost completely dairy-free. At last check, all twelve of their sauces, proteins, salad dressings, and other bowl, bento, and poke bowl items were made without dairy. Just a small handful of items contain dairy, and they are very transparent about it. They also use vegan and gluten-free labels on their menu where applicable.
Dairy-Free Menu Guide for Tokyo Joe’s
Let’s start by getting the dairy out of the way. At the time of review, their Crab Cheese Wonton Sushi Roll, Joe’s Sushi Roll, Kid’s Mac & Cheese, and Cookies contained dairy. That’s it! And it leaves quite a few options. Keep in mind that some items have been scaled back in 2020, but they might return! We’re also waiting on a response for some of their newer menu items.
- Pork Potstickers With Sauce
- Chicken Skewers
- Spring Rolls – Chicken, Shrimp, or Tofu (with peanut or soy ginger sauce)
- Miso Soup
- California Roll
- Cali Poke Roll
- Spicy Tuna Roll
- Veggie Tofu Roll
- Arizona Roll
- Yo Roll
- Texas Roll
- General Joe’s Soup
- Traditional Oyako
- Mahi Mahi
- Surf & Turf
- Joe’s Original Teriyaki
Note: Still waiting to hear back on their newer Banh Mi and Thai Noodle Bowls.
- Protein: White Chicken, Dark Chicken, Steak, Salmon, Tofu
- Carb: Brown Rice, White Rice, Udon Noodles, (Ramen) Egg Noodles, Rice Noodles
- Sauces: Teriyaki, Spicy-Aki, Yakitori, Green Dragon, Red Dragon, Yellow Curry, Green Curry, Peanut, Oyako Broth, Gluten Free Teriyaki, Spicy Stevi-Yaki, Stevi-Yaki, Unagi
- Veggies: Top 5 Veggie Mix, Broccoli, Zucchini, Carrots, Edamame Beans, Snap Peas, Asparagus, Spinach, Bean Sprouts, Water Chestnuts, Mushrooms, Green Onion, Red Onion, Jalapeño
- Upgrades: Avocado, Scrambled Egg, Hardboiled Egg, Fresh Pineapple
- Joe’s Lettuce Wraps
Salad Dressings: Sesame, Miso, Soy Ginger, Lemongrass Basil, Nikko, Poppy Seed
These have a build your own style, using several of the options in the sections above.
Build Your Own Poke Bowls
- Protein: Salmon, Ahi Tuna, Shrimp
- Base: Brown Rice, White Rice, Chopped Greens
- Pairings: Cucumber, Edamame, Sweet Onions, Mango, Pineapple, Avocado
- Dressing: Traditional Hawaiian, Spicy Aioli, Nikko
- Toppings: Crispy Onions, Macadamia Nuts, Wonton Strips, Jalapenos, Sesame Seeds, Chili Pepper Flakes, Sushi Ginger, Green Onions
- Teriyaki Bowl
- Bento Box
- Mandarin Oranges (choose instead of chocolate chip cookie for Kids Meals)
Where to Find Tokyo Joe’s
They have dozens of locations in Colorado, Arizona, and Texas (Dallas area). See their website below for addresses, hours, online ordering, and contact information.