Updated February 2022! Asian might seem like an obvious one for dairy-free, but milk-based ingredients are used in a lot of Asian restaurant kitchens. Tokyo Joe’s on the other hand is almost completely dairy-free. At last check, all twelve of their sauces, proteins, salad dressings, and other bowl, bento, and poke bowl items were made without dairy. Just a small handful of items contain dairy, and they are very transparent about it. They also use vegan and gluten-free labels on their menu where applicable.
Tokyo Joe’s Dairy-Free Menu Guide
Let’s start by getting the dairy out of the way. At the time of review, their Crab Cheese Wonton Sushi Roll, Joe’s Sushi Roll, Kid’s Mac & Cheese, and Cookies contained dairy. That’s it! And it leaves quite a few options. Keep in mind that some items have been scaled back in 2020, but they might return! We’re also waiting on a response for some of their newer menu items.
- Pork Potstickers With Sauce
- Spring Rolls – Chicken, Shrimp, or Tofu (with peanut or soy ginger sauce)
- Miso Soup
- California Roll
- California Poke Roll
- Jalapeno Ahi Roll
- Salmon Mango Roll
- Spicy Tuna Roll
Heads Up! The Crab Cheese Wonton Roll does indeed contain dairy.
- General Joe’s Soup
- BBQ Banh Mi (verify with staff)
- Thai Noodle (verify with staff)
Note: Still waiting to hear back on their newer Banh Mi and Thai Noodle Bowls.
- Protein: White Chicken, Dark Chicken, Steak, Salmon, Shrimp, Tofu
- Base: Brown Rice, White Rice, Udon Noodles, (Ramen) Egg Noodles, Rice Noodles, Sweet Potato, Chopped Greens
- Sauces: Teriyaki, Spicy-Aki, Yakitori, Stevi-Yaki, Mojoe, Green Dragon, Red Dragon, Yellow Curry, Green Curry, Peanut, Joe’s BBQ
- Veggies: Broccoli, Zucchini, Carrots, Edamame Beans, Snap Peas, Asparagus, Spinach, Sweet Onion, Water Chestnuts, Red Pepper, Sweet Potato, Corn, Cabbage
- Toppings: Crushed Peanuts, Sesame Seeds, Green Onion, Pineapple, Scrambled Egg, Wonton Strips, Jalapeno, Crispy Onions, Crispy Jalapenos, Chili Pepper Flakes, Sriracha Aioli, Avocado
Build Your Own Poke Bowls
- Protein: Salmon, Ahi Tuna, Shrimp
- Base: Brown Rice, White Rice, Chopped Greens
- Pairings: Cucumber, Edamame, Sweet Onion, Mango, Pineapple, Avocado, Corn, Jicama, Sunomono
- Dressing: Traditional Hawaiian, Spicy Aioli, Soy Ginger, Nikko
- Toppings: Crispy Onions, Macadamia Nuts, Wonton Strips, Jalapenos, Crispy Jalapenos, Sesame Seeds, Chili Pepper Flakes, Sushi Ginger, Green Onions, Sriracha Aioli, Unagi Sauce
- Kula (sub dairy-free dressing)
Salad Dressings: Sesame, Miso, Soy Ginger, Lemongrass Basil, Nikko, Poppy Seed
- Teriyaki Bowl
- Bento Box (build your own)
- Mandarin Oranges (choose instead of chocolate chip cookie for Kids Meals)
This Post is for Informational Purposes Only
Menus, ingredients, kitchen procedures, management, food sourcing, and restaurant protocols are subject to change at any time. Always read the menu and discuss your dietary needs with the staff before ordering. Make sure they can accommodate your situation. This post is for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as advice.
There is always a risk for potential cross-contamination of allergens in any commercial kitchen. If cross-contamination is an issue for you, always speak with the manager to ensure that your meal can be safely prepared. Listings here do not guarantee that a restaurant is safe enough for your individual needs. Only you can make that decision.
Each location of a chain restaurant has different management and staff, and some might have different owners. This means differences in processes, ingredients used, menu options, and food sourcing can occur. Always verify the safety of your order for your needs at your current location.
Where to Find Tokyo Joe’s
They have dozens of locations in Colorado, Arizona, and Texas (Dallas area). See their website below for addresses, hours, online ordering, and contact information.