Alisa Fleming ~ The Winter 2012 / 2013 issue of Allergic Living is out now and boy is it filled with amazing content, delicious recipes (if I do say so myself!), and beautiful photography. Allergic Living is available in both the U.S. and Canada, and if you haven’t yet subscribed, you can order this issue on its own. Here is what you will find inside:
- The Accidental Chef: The crazy journey of Sarah Boudreau-Romano (aka Allergist Mom) to learn to feed her kids with multiple allergies.
- The Great Indoors: Four designer homes created for air quality, sustainability – and beauty.
- Gluten-Free Cosmetics Debate: Are celiacs getting symptoms from their lipsticks and lotions?
- 9 Sneaky Spots Where Triggers Hide: Sneezing or wheezing at home? One of these crafty culprits may be to blame.
- The Talking Auto-Injector: Meet the twin inventors behind a new compact, voice-guide epinephrine device.
- Food Allergy Discovery: A Stanford U. professor’s man-made molecule may be able to stop reactions cold.
- Allergy-Friendly Recipes: For that special occasion dinner, Chef Simon serves up two delicious menu options: classic or contemporary.
- No Dairy, No Gluten Cookies! Warm up a winter’s day with Vanilla-Chai Sandwich Cookies, Hot Chocolate Cookies and bonus recipes for steaming beverages.
- Celiac Central: The NFCA’s Alice Bast helps you stave off that urge to cheat the gluten-free diet over the holidays.
- Gift Guide: Awesome gifts for that special someone with allergies or celiac disease.
- Latest News: Celiac’s upside – fewer cancers; parents missing kids’ asthma fears; dairy allergy death in jail; TV’s Jennifer Esposito loses job over CD and more.
- Parenting Coach: Gina Clowes’ resolution for scheduled down time in 2013. You need it!
- FAAN Views: Maria Acebal sees schools moving past “a false sense of security”.
- Celiac Expert: Shelley Case has smart strategies and a helpful checklist for the gluten-free diner.
- Gluten-Free Girl: A vaccine for celiac? Scientists have one in the works, but Shauna James Ahern says it’s not for her.
- Our Story: A mother becomes a counter-top scientist to take on eczema.
- Ask the Allergy Experts, product reviews, Disney touring advice, book reviews – and more.
Some of the recipes in this issue are from my kitchen, and I include non-gluten-free instructions for those of you who “just” need dairy-free! The four recipes that I created for this issue include:
Hot Chocolate Cookies and Instant Hot Chocolate
Vanilla Chai Sandwich Cookies and Chai-Spiced Warm Mylk
The photos for this recipe were taken by my good friend, Hannah – aren’t they gorgeous?!
Check out Allergic Living for these recipes and so much more!