So much news, so little time to share it all. Here are some great new online food allergy articles and recipes. Plus info on the fall issue of Allergic Living magazine, which I have loved working on and hope you enjoy!
The Big Food Allergy Report
- College Comparison Charts (U.S. / Canada) – Allergic Living assessed over 40 colleges in the U.S. and Canada to see how accommodating they are to students with food allergies. The printable charts are available online!
- Know Your Food Allergy Rights (U.S. Schools / Colleges) – Policies and laws do exist to protect kids and adults in school, but not everyone is aware.
For the Big Report on Food Allergies at College, see the fall 2013 issue of Allergic Living.
New Top 8-Free Recipes
- Strawberry Shortcake Waffles (my recipe!)
- Watercress and Tenderloin Salad with Arugula Vinaigrette
- Watermelon and Herb Salad
For my Dairy-Free Pizza recipes and a World of Dinner Recipes, see the fall issue of Allergic Living.
Food Allergy News
- ADHD Linked to Allergies – At last, the studies are out!
- Gluten-Free Labeling – I know this is a dairy-free site, but I’m also aware that many of you have issues with gluten, too, and would love to know more about the new labeling going into effect.
- Gluten-Free Beer – While we’re on the topic of gluten-free, is gluten-free barley beer safe? What are the options? See our picks! (I was the editor for this very insightful article by Registered Dietician, Shelley Case).
- Baby’s Diet Can Influence Food Allergies – Fresh is best, according to recent research in the U.K.