Will the food allergy-friendly contests ever end? We hope not! Go Dairy Free recently announced the FAANtastic Divvies Cookie Contest and the Allergiesandme.com Recipe Contest, and now we have a contest to announce for gluten-free foodies too! As many of you may already know, the Allergy Grocer has returned, and they not only brought back the most popular Miss Roben's mixes (free from gluten and all of the top allergens), but they have also added new mixes to the already extensive product line.
One of the new mixes is a yet-to-be-named bread mix. And well, I will let the people at Allergy Grocer explain their contest to you in detail …
"Finally, a soft and delicious bread loaf that can be made with or without yeast and works great with substitutions. The only problem is that it tastes so good, we could not think of a suitable name – really, we tried for hours and nothing seemed to fit…
Please help us out. Purchase a mix or two at a significantly reduced rate [$3.99] at Name the Miss Roben's Bread Contest and after you try it, submit a name by responding to this blog post. The winner will receive a $50 gift certificate and free shipping anywhere in the USA from Allergy Grocer. Winner will be notified by e-mail. If by chance, two people submit the same name, the submission received first will be the winner. Contest ends midnight, February 21, 2010 and the winner will be announced February 23, 2010."
Bread Mix Product Details from Allergy Grocer:
- We tested with rice milk, potato based milk powder and 2% milk and all worked well. Egg substitutes also worked very well
- You can add flax, dried fruit, or nuts to provide an even more yummy taste to this delicious bread mix
- 14 oz yields 12 thin slices; Use 8×4 inch or 9×5 inch loaf pan
- Ingredients: brown rice flour, tapioca starch, salt, unrefined cane sugar, corn free baking powder (sodium acid pyrophosphate, potato starch, baking soda, monocalcium phosphate), guar gum, 8.75g yeast
- Additional needed ingredients: milk, eggs, oil, or substitutes of these ingredients
- Free From: casein, corn, dairy, eggs, fish, gluten, peanuts, sesame, soy, shellfish, tree nuts, and wheat
- Nutrition: Per serving: 1/4 cup serving, 12 servings – Calories-110, Fat Cal-0, Total Fat-0g, Sat fat-0g, Trans fat-0g, Cholest-0mg, Sodium-250mg, Carbs-26g, Fiber-1g, Sugars-4g, Protein-1g
- As with all Miss Roben’s products, ingredients are carefully sourced to provide the same allergen-free status as the manufacturing plant and all ingredients are considered allergens – equipment and room are cleaned after every change in ingredients and produced at a separate time.
To view the entire Miss Roben's line, visit the Allergy Grocer at www.allergygrocer.com