I was able to get a pre-release copy of this cookbook, and have already sampled two yummy recipes. I can't seem to put the book down long enough to write a review on it, but you need not wait for my "official" weigh-in as Cookies for Everyone is now available to purchase:
"Grab your apron and get ready to bake! Enjoy Life's "Cookies for Everyone!" Cookbook is loaded with over 150 delicious gluten-free and allergy-friendly recipes that are safe for most everyone with food allergies, intolerances or sensitivities. You can rest assured each recipe contains NO: gluten, wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, dairy or soy! …
Choose from allergy-friendly versions of family favorites or new treats that will quickly earn top-of-the-cookie-jar status, including Especially Expresso Brownies, Bananas & Cream Tartlets, Lemon-licious Shortbread and People's Choice Chocolate Chip Cookies. Everyone is bound to enjoy!"
In honor of its release, Enjoy Life is sponsoring a sweepstakes in which you can enter to win a trip to Enjoy Life™ for a day of baking with Betsy, Co-Author of the Cookies for Everyone book and Director of Research and Development. Three runners up will also win a copy of the book, an Enjoy Life™ t-shirt, Enjoy Life™ shopping bag, and a free coupon to use on ingredients needed for the recipes (or their favorite product). To enter the sweepstakes, see the Cookies for Everyone cookbook page.
Also, for a little instant gratification, I have a sample recipe from Cookies for Everyone that I think you will enjoy …
Recipe from Cookies for Everyone by Leslie Hammond and Betsy Laakso
"This quick recipe makes yummy, portable brownies in a hurry."
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 1 1/3 cups Bob's Red Mill white rice flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350° (180°C, or gas mark 4).
2. With a mixer, beat the applesauce, water, oil vanilla, cocoa, and sugar until smooth. Add the flour, salt, and baking powder and mix until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
3. Spoon batter into greased mini muffin tins. Do not over-fill.
4. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until brownie is firm around the corners and leaves an indentation when poked in the middle. Let cool completely, then remove from the tin with a small knife or spatula.
5. Frost or dust with powdered sugar if desired.
Yield: 2 dozen