In a health and journalistic pursuit, Doug Brown, Staff Writer for the Denver Post has taken on a five-week gradual elimination diet to see how his body would react. Week one banished sugar; week two added dairy to the black list; in week three he turned vegan (no meat, eggs, or fish on top of the dairy); for week four he stepped it up with gluten-free; and the final straw in week five was no salt.
Some food allergic individuals or long time vegans may scoff at his temporary endeavors, but few have taken the time to willingly trial this elimination and document it for others to better understand. His personal experiment is admirable, and likely to promote a few permanent diet changes for himself and readers of his “free-from” adventure…
- Week One – “So long, Sugar”
- Week Two – “A guy can go only soy far in forsaking joys of dairy”
- Week Three – “And now, the meat sacrifice”
- Week Four – "Cutting gluten: A cereal killer"
- Week Five – "Salt and sugar, begone" – Grand Finale