HYANNIS, Mass. – Fans of rich dark chocolate, real Madagascar vanilla beans and green tea get the treat of their dreams with the arrival of Late July Organic Snacks’ new line of mouth-watering organic sandwich cookies. Both flavors, rich Dark Chocolate and creamy Vanilla Bean with Green Tea hit store shelves this summer…
… just in time for picnics, family vacations and back-to-school lunch boxes.
Late July’s newest offerings are like the sandwich cookies you remember as a kid, but all grown up. They deliver outstanding flavor using the finest organic ingredients like dark chocolate and whole grains with unexpected benefits like antioxidants and fiber giving new meaning to the term “smart cookie.”
“Our mission was to take the ordinary sandwich cookie and upgrade it into something I would love and feel good about sharing with my children. Finding the right ingredients and developing the recipes has been a long and intense process,” said co-founder Nicole Dawes, “but it was worth it when I saw the look on my son’s face when he tried the first one.”
Even though this is Late July’s first line of cookies, Dawes is no stranger to cookie making. As a child while her father and Late July co-founder was busy building their first family business Cape Cod Potato Chips, she spent summer vacations baking cookies from scratch and selling them to local delis in a wagon. These recipes have truly been a lifetime in the making.
The new offerings include:
- Organic Dark Chocolate: Intense and decadent, Late July makes its own antioxidant rich organic dark chocolate using simple, pure ingredients like cocoa and Madagascar vanilla. The irresistible filling is sandwiched between two delicious organic chocolate cookies made with whole grains.
- Organic Vanilla Bean with Green Tea: A hint of sweet green tea, one of nature’s best sources of antioxidants, is the perfect complement for pure Madagascar vanilla, including the whole seeds packed with flavor. The result is the classic you grew up with, but with a twist – a filling that’s rich and creamy, but not overly sweet, and the added benefit of whole grains.
Convenient Snack Size for Families on the Go
Both flavors come in convenient, grab-and-go single serve sizes and boxes for the whole family.
- Take home boxes (SRP $3.99):Dark Chocolate 8.2 oz, Vanilla Bean with Green Tea 9 oz
- Lunch Packs (SRP $6.49): Dark Chocolate 6/1.5oz, Vanilla Bean with Green Tea 6/1.7oz
- Single Serve (SRP $1.19): Dark Chocolate 1.5oz, Vanilla Bean with Green Tea 1.7oz
The cookies can be purchased at natural food stores, specialty food stores, and supermarkets across the country. They join an already popular line of crackers and sandwich crackers.
“Our hope is that all those people who had given up on sandwich cookies, will pour a big glass of organic milk, sit down with our new cookies and be transported back to childhood,” said Dawes.
About Late July Organic Snacks
Founded in 2003 by the father-daughter team of Nicole Bernard Dawes and Steve Bernard, Late July Organic Snacks is an independently owned family business producing irresistibly better, organic updates on classic snacks. It makes seven varieties of crackers and sandwich crackers, as well as two flavors of sandwich cookies. The company’s products are finalists in the NAFST Product Awards Competition in the Outstanding Product Line category. Headquartered in Hyannis, Mass., Late July’s products are certified USDA Organic and available throughout North America. Visit www.latejuly.com, or call (888) 85-SNACK for more information.