It is always great to hear when natural food companies make strides towards eco-friendly products and packaging. I received the following message from the kosher bagel manufacturer (dairy-, egg-, and nut-free too!), Agnes' Very Very: "Agnes Very Very is aware of the environmental impact made on the planet in all aspects of daily life, especially in manufacturing and distribution. We will continue to make improvements that help to minimize our carbon footprint. To that end we have implemented the following initiatives:
- Our retail products are eco-packaged in 100% recycled paperboard made from 30% post-consumer waste;
- Our packaging was designed by local graphics artists;
- Our photographs were set and shot by a local photographer;
- Our boxes, both paperboard and corrugated, are produced locally and printed with earth- friendly inks.
- We have a strict recycling program at our facility;
- We reduce and reuse wherever possible pallets, corrugated, office paper and shipping supplies.
Every little bit helps and as our Company grows, we will be able to demonstrate that, its easy being green!"