December 2, 2009 – Snax In Pax, Inc. of Topeka, Indiana is recalling the following products because they contain undeclared MILK on their label. People who have an allergy or sensitivity to MILK run the risk of a serious or life threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products:
- JAY’S LOW FAT CARAMEL POPCORN – 8oz. tubs – UPC#41200-01502
- MIKE SELL’S CARAMEL CORN W/PEANUTS -8oz tubs – UPC#71104-10429
- MIKE SELL’S CORN PUFFS – 7 oz bag – UPC#71104-10215
- COPPER KETTLE CARAMEL CORN – 8oz bag – UPC#60478-31231
- COPPER KETTLE CARAMEL PUFFS – 6.5 oz bag – UPC#60478-31232
- BETTER MADE CARAMEL CORN – 8oz tub – UPC#41633-00708
- SEYFERT’S CARAMEL CORN – 8oz tub – UPC#70175-00154
- BULK CARAMEL CORN – 25 lb. box – UPC#60478-77451
These products were manufactured at Snax In Pax, Inc. for distribution nationwide in retail stores.
Jay’s Low Fat Caramel Popcorn, Mike Sell’s Caramel Corn w/Peanuts, Better Made Caramel Corn, and Seyferts Caramel Corn all come in 8oz clear plastic tubs, with white lids corresponding to the products contained. The Copper Kettle Caramel Corn, and the Copper Kettle Caramel Puffs are in clear and brown tone film bag with graphics of a horse and buggy. These products would have one of the lot numbers in a series of numbers ranging from #15209 to #33509.
No illnesses have been reported to date.
This recall was initiated after it was discovered that the labels on these particular products did not reveal that there is MILK in the product. Further investigation has revealed the problem was caused by a temporary breakdown in the company’s packaging process.
Production of these products has been suspended until Snax In Pax, Inc. is certain the problem has been corrected.
Consumers with questions may contact Patti Weaver at 260-593-3066 between the hours of 8a.m. and 4 p.m.EST, Monday through Friday.