I love rich and creamy as much as the next person, but sometimes light and refreshing is in order, especially during the summer months. Most vinaigrettes sound like they will fit the bill, but they are heavy with oils. So years ago I came up with my own oil-free vinaigrette recipes, and this sweet and tangy Non-Fat Curry Vinaigrette has become a family favorite.
Unlike most low-fat or no-fat dressings, this curry vinaigrette isn’t overly sweet and it doesn’t have that weird low-fat texture. What it does have is bold flavor! For serving, this Curry Vinaigrette goes beautifully with most green salads. I love it with any of the following added ingredients: fresh bell peppers (all colors), olives, chicken, tuna, chopped cucumbers, shredded carrots, roasted beets, green peas (fresh if you’ve got them!), and avocado. But feel free to try out your own mix with this fat-free dressing …
Special Diet Notes: Non-Fat Curry Vinaigrette
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, gluten-free, soy-free, and vegetarian. Optionally vegan / plant-based.
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (check the Asian food section at your local grocer - I use "Natural" or "Unseasoned")
- 4 teaspoons honey or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- Whisk everything together in a small bowl, and douse liberally over your favorite salad.