Do you know where the water in your milk beverage comes from? Better Than Milk is proud to say that each of their organic milk alternatives is made with pure Italian mountain spring water – high up in the Lessini Mountains to be specific. They blend it with organic nuts and/or grains and little else. They even shun chemical fortification. In fact, you might be surprised to see what Better Than Milk Organic Drinks do and don’t have in them …
Better Than Milk Organic Drinks Put a Little Spring in Your Sip
You might know Better Than Milk from their dairy-free milk powders. They’ve been around for decades! But this classic brand has finally made the leap to ready-to-pour beverages. They come in five simple varieties, made with a very natural base of oats, almonds, or rice.
Nutrition (per 1 cup): 50 calories, 4g fat, 1g carbs, 0g fiber, 0g sugars (includes 0g added sugars), 2g protein.*
This is the only flavor with a little organic cane sugar added.
Nutrition (per 1 cup): 80 calories, 4g fat, 9g carbs, 1g fiber, 7g sugars (includes 7g added sugars), 2g protein.*
According to the company, they use organic gluten free oats.
Nutrition (per 1 cup): 130 calories, 4.5g fat, 22g carbs, 1g fiber, 9g sugars (includes 0g added sugars), 1g protein.*
Note, they use seaweed for natural calcium fortification!
Nutrition (per 1 cup): 150 calories, 3g fat, 32g carbs, 0g fiber, 13g sugars (includes 0g added sugars), 0g protein. Fortified to contain 290mg calcium (20% of the RDA).*
Nutrition (per 1 cup): 170 calories, 4g fat, 32g carbs, 1g fiber, 13g sugars (includes 1g added sugars), 1g protein.*
More Facts on Better Than Milk Organic Drinks
- Price: $5.99 per 33.8-ounce carton
- Availability: Better Than Milk Organic Drinks are sold at natural food stores in the U.S., like Erewhon Market, Nugget Markets, Earth Fare, Pete’s Fresh Market, Berkeley Bowl Market, and Buehler’s Fresh Foods. They are shelf-stable, so you can also buy them online from the company’s website below, from Vitacost, and from Amazon.
- Certifications: Better Than Milk Organic Drinks are Certified Organic, Certified Vegan, Non-GMO Verified, and Certified Kosher Pareve.
- Dietary Notes: By ingredients, Better Than Milk Organic Drinks are dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian. Select varieties are grain-free, nut-free, keto, and/or paleo-friendly.*
- For More Product Information: Visit the Better Than Milk website at drinkbetterthanmilk.com.
*Always read the ingredient and nutrition statement prior to consumption. Ingredients, processes, and labeling are subject to change at any time for any company or product. Contact the company to discuss their manufacturing processes if potential allergen cross-contamination is an issue for you. No food product can be guaranteed “safe” for every individual’s needs. You should never rely on ingredient and allergen statements alone if dealing with a severe food allergy.
Average Reader Review
Leave Your Rating & Review for This Product
What Others Are Saying ...
Light, sweet flavor
I was pleasantly surprised at the natural sweetness of the rice milk and oat milk. I enjoyed the lightly sweetened almond milk, too. I’m looking forward to trying the hazelnut blend!
A solid contender
So far, we’ve tried the oat milk, and thought it was pretty good. It’s lightly sweet, with no bitterness. The oat flavor isn’t overwhelming, but there is a light powdery natural oat finish. The consistency is a lightly creamy, mostly full-bodied milk beverage that’s seamless in coffee, but doesn’t provide much creaminess. It’s uniquely simple, and definitely more of a true oat milk than many mainstream brands. I’d recommend trying it in cereal, smoothies, and baking.