Yes, the makers of Almond Breeze Almond Milk have launched baking mixes! But it really isn’t too far of a stretch. Blue Diamond is really and almond company, and they’ve been making a finely sifted almond flour for quite some time. Blue Diamond Baking Mixes combine that almond flour with just a handful of simple ingredients to make four dairy-free, gluten-free, and soy-free desserts: brownie, chocolate cake, chocolate chip cookie and yellow cake.
Blue Diamond Baking Mixes are Nuts for Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free Dessert
If you need something even more convenient, try Blue Diamond Tasty Cups. But if you want a quick DIY dessert, these baking mixes are as easy as it gets. They call for eggs, oil, and water in preparation, except as noted.
Nutrition (per serving of dry mix): 200 calories, 8g fat, 28g carbs, 1g fiber, 19g sugars (includes 18g added sugars), 5g protein.*
Nutrition (per serving of dry mix): 200 calories, 9g fat, 27g carbs, 2g fiber, 17g sugars (includes 17g added sugars), 4g protein.*
The cookies do call for butter in the prep. Substitute dairy-free butter alternative instead.
Ingredients: almond flour, brown sugar (from cane sugar), cane sugar, chocolate chips (unsweetened chocolate, cane sugar, cocoa butter), rice flour, tapioca flour, cornstarch, sea salt, sodium bicarbonate, natural flavors.
Nutrition (per serving of dry mix): 100 calories, 3.5g fat, 17g carbs, 1g fiber, 9g sugars (includes 9g added sugars), 2g protein.*
Nutrition (per serving of dry mix): 100 calories, 3.5g fat, 16g carbs, 1g fiber, 12g sugars (includes 12g added sugars), 2g protein.*
More Facts on Blue Diamond Baking Mixes
- Price: $6.99 per box (10 to 13.1 ounces)
- Availability: Blue Diamond Baking Mixes are sold at Kroger brand stores, Albertsons stores, Food Lion, and other mainstream grocers. They are also sold online at Amazon.com.
- Certifications: Blue Diamond Baking Mixes are Non-GMO Verified and Certified Kosher Pareve.
- Dietary Notes: By ingredients, Blue Diamond Baking Mixes are dairy-free / non-dairy, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian. The mixes themselves are egg-free and vegan-friendly, but the directions call for eggs.*
- For More Product Information: Visit the Blue Diamond website at www.bluediamond.com.
*Always read the ingredient and nutrition statement prior to consumption. Ingredients, processes, and labeling are subject to change at any time for any company or product. Contact the company to discuss their manufacturing processes if potential allergen cross-contamination is an issue for you. No food product can be guaranteed “safe” for every individual’s needs. You should never rely on ingredient and allergen statements alone if dealing with a severe food allergy.