Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness by Robert Cheeke (Book Review)
Alisa Fleming ~ Just one look at Robert Cheeke will dispel any myths you may have heard about the inability to get strong while on a vegan diet. Robert has dedicated his life to both professional bodybuilding and veganism, and in his latest book, Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness, he explains how he has successfully merged hit two passions.
Throughout Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Robert shares his success story and his thoughts, along with some helpful guidance for preparing your own diet and fitness plan, particularly if bodybuilding is your activity of choice. This book is rich in inspiration for current and aspiring vegans.
The chapters are broken down as follows:
- Why Vegan?
- Beginning Bodybuilding
- How to Create a Successful Nutrition Program [Robert’s approach is very high in plant protein]
- How to Create a Successful Training Program
- The Most Important Lessons to be Learned and Followed in Bodybuilding
- Where Do You Get Your Protein?
- Choosing the Exercises that Yield the Best Results
- Turning your Bodybuilding Success into a Form of Activism and Outreach
- How to Market Yourself to get Sponsored
- Supplementation – What to Take and Why
- Turning your Passion into a Career
- Lists of Vegan Equipment, Products, Services, and Supplies for Bodybuilders
- Robert’s Picks for the Best of Vegan Living in North America
- Testimonials from those who have been Inspired by Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness
- Final Thoughts from the Author
Please note that although Robert does discuss nutrition in great detail and includes recommended food products and menus, this is not a cookbook. There are literally just a few recipes in Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness … if you purchase it, do so for the wealth of information and inspiration.
This is a third-party review by Alisa Fleming, founder of GoDairyFree.org, blogger at Alisa Cooks, and author of Go Dairy Free: The Guide and Cookbook for Milk Allergies, Lactose Intolerance, and Casein-Free Living. Alisa is also a freelance writer for several publications, with an emphasis on creating recipes for various types of special diets.
Visit Amazon to purchase Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness.