Bel Group announced this year that they will be releasing vegan cheese options under their core brands. Soon, we can expect to see plant-based varieties from Laughing Cow, Kiri, Leerdammer, and Babybel. And Boursin Dairy-Free Cheese Spread is already here! It launched in the U.S. first, where it was produced in a joint effort between the French cheese company and Follow Your Heart.
Boursin Dairy-Free is How the French Do Cheese Spread Alternatives
According to Boursin, this new cheese spread alternative has the same Garlic & Herbs flavor you expect from Boursin, but with dairy-free and plant-based ingredients. But you be the judge! Once you’ve bought and tried it, leave your own unbiased review below.
Ingredients: filtered water, organic coconut oil, modified starch (potato and corn), organic expellar-pressed canola oil, inulin (chicory root extract), less than 2% of each: garlic powder, natural flavors, organic vegan cane sugar, sea salt, calcium phosphate, citric acid, sugarcane fiber, spice, sodium citrate, sunflower lecithin, xanthan gum, lactic acid, cellulose gel, parsley, chive, beta carotene (color).
Nutrition (per 1 tablespoon): 90 calories, 9g fat, 3g carbs, 1g fiber, 0g sugars (includes 0g added sugars), 0g protein.*
More Facts on Boursin Dairy-Free Cheese Spread Alternative
- Price: $6.99 per 6-ounce tub
- Availability: Boursin Dairy-Free Cheese Spread Alternative is sold via Amazon Fresh in the U.S. It is slowly making it’s way into stores, and it has been spotted at grocers like Hannaford. Can’t find it in store? Make this Dairy-Free Boursin-Style Cheese Spread Recipe!
- Certifications: Boursin Dairy-Free Cheese Spread Alternative is Non-GMO Verified.
- Dietary Notes: By ingredients, Boursin Dairy-Free Cheese Spread Alternative is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, sugar-free, vegan, vegetarian, and keto-friendly.*
- For More Product Information: Visit the Boursin website at www.boursin.com.
*Always read the ingredient and nutrition statement prior to consumption. Ingredients, processes, and labeling are subject to change at any time for any company or product. Contact the company to discuss their manufacturing processes if potential allergen cross-contamination is an issue for you. No food product can be guaranteed “safe” for every individual’s needs. You should never rely on ingredient and allergen statements alone if dealing with a severe food allergy.
Average Reader Review
Leave Your Rating & Review for This Product
What Others Are Saying ...
I was delighted to see this in the grocery store and had to try it as Boursin was a big favourite of mine. The texture is slightly crumbly and the Boursin taste is almost identical. I wouldn’t be able to tell it was plant based if I wasn’t told.
I was lucky enough to get an early taste before this was released to the public, and I must say, it was AMAZING. Even better than memory serves of the original version. Rich, creamy, smooth and easy to spread, it’s boldly flavorful with plenty of garlic and savory herbs, but not so much to cause dragon breath. Forget crackers, I’m eating this stuff on a spoon!