After years of success with their half and half alternatives, Califia Farms has decided to enrich their dairy-free portfolio with a heavy cream substitute. Califia Farms Heavy Whip is unsweetened, unflavored, vegan, and allergy-friendly. According to the company, it can be evenly swapped for heavy dairy cream in any sweet or savory recipe. And yes, as the name implies, it whips!
Califia Farms Heavy Whip is a Simple Dairy-Free Substitute for Cream
Much like our soy whipped cream recipe, Califia Farms Heavy Whip is an emulsion, but it does contain coconut (oil). It’s a refrigerated product that can be whipped for topping or to folded into desserts. It also works as a thickening cream in soups and sauces, and can be used as a rich cream in sweet recipes. Once you’ve had the chance to buy and try it, be sure to leave your unbiased review below!
Ingredients: water, coconut oil, sunflower oil, fava bean protein isolate, acacia, natural flavor, xanthan gum, gellan gum.
Nutrition (per 1 tablespoon): 35 calories, 3.5g fat, 0g carbs, 0g fiber, 0g sugars (includes 0g added sugars), 0g protein.*
More Facts on Califia Farms Heavy Whip
- Price: $4.89 per 16.9-ounce carton
- Availability: Califia Farms Heavy Whip is sold refrigerated at Whole Foods, Sprouts, and independent natural food stores in the U.S. and select stores in Canada. You can alternatively order it online from GTFO It’s Vegan – they ship throughout the U.S.
- Certifications: Califia Farms Heavy Whip is Non-GMO Verified and Certified Kosher Pareve.
- Dietary Notes: By ingredients, Califia Farms Heavy Whip is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, added sugar-free, vegan, vegetarian, and keto-friendly.*
- For More Product Information: Visit the Califia Farms website at www.califiafarms.com.
*Always read the ingredient and nutrition statement prior to consumption. Ingredients, processes, and labeling are subject to change at any time for any company or product. Contact the company to discuss their manufacturing processes if potential allergen cross-contamination is an issue for you. No food product can be guaranteed “safe” for every individual’s needs. You should never rely on ingredient and allergen statements alone if dealing with a severe food allergy.