Say it with me now, “vegan craft bean-to-bar chocolate subscription box.” Curious? In disbelief? It does exist and it’s even more intriguing than it sounds. Cococlectic sources artisan vegan chocolate from a different American chocolatier every month, and ships it to you in an elegant little box. I seriously thought a service like this couldn’t last a year without going on repeat. But they’ve been shipping since March 2014 and have delivered dairy-free goodies from over 70 different chocolatiers to date!
We have the quick highlights of Cococlectic’s service, an unboxing and taste-test, and an unbiased review. Click to jump to either section:
The Quick Details on Cococlectic Vegan Chocolate Box
- The cost of Cococlectic is $42.99 per month, with discounts for prepaid subscriptions.
- This includes FREE shipping in the U.S.
- There are additional charges for an ice pack (optional) and Canadian shipping.
- Each monthly box includes 4 full-size dark chocolate bars, weighing 1 to 3 ounces each.
- This service exclusively features American small-batch, bean-to-bar chocolate makers.
- And each month is a different chocolatier.
- They only consider vegan, non-GMO, fair trade, and ethically sourced chocolate.
- The bars are often single-origin, and made with 5 ingredients or less; namely cocoa beans, cocoa butter and sugar.
- The boxes include tasting notes and details on the chocolatier.
- All Cococlectic shipments are made without dairy, gluten, nuts, and soy! But there might be some cross-contamination risk.
- Your first box ships within one week of ordering.
- After your first shipment, the boxes ship on the 4th of each month.
- The service is suspended in July and August, for obvious melting concerns.
- If you fall in love with any bars, you can buy additional bars from Cococlectic, as long as supplies last.
- You can order Cococlectic direct on their website at cococlectic.com.
If you are dealing with a severe or highly sensitive food allergy, you must always contact the company prior to ordering to ensure their processes are safe for your needs. We share products, services, and options that are dairy-free by ingredients at the time of our review. But ingredients and services can change at any time, and there is always some degree of cross-contamination risk in food production.
Cococlectic Unboxing Video + My Unbiased Review
My friend and housemate Eleanor joined me for a Cococlectic unboxing and taste test. You can view our experience in this video, followed by my quick review and recommendations.
My Quick & Honest Review
I nibble on chocolate throughout the day, so Cococlectic is dangerously expensive for my habits. BUT, the chocolate we sampled was definitely more satisfying than the dollar-an-ounce bars that I usually buy. And it was beyond special to enjoy artisan-quality chocolate. It is another level. The packaging was also beautiful, landing in perfect condition with gift-worthy appeal.
I Recommend the Cococlectic Vegan Chocolate Service For:
- Holiday or Birthday Gift for Vegan Chocolate Connoisseurs
- Wine and Chocolate Nibblers
- Bean-to-Bar Fans
- People Who Love Supporting Food Artisans
Average Reader Review
Leave Your Rating & Review for This Product
What Others Are Saying ...
Such a fun gift!
This is a great service, and the quality and detail is unsurpassed. Not to mention, I’m floored by how many vegan chocolatiers there are. The price is just a bit prohibitive for me, even as a gift.