There are dozens, upon dozens of dairy-free alternatives for milk, cheese, and butter, but vegan heavy cream has been an under-loved category in North America. Fortunately, that could be changing. A couple years ago, Silk Heavy Whipping Cream emerged, and recently, Country Crock Plant Cream snuck onto store shelves. The latter is uniquely made with lentil milk, and is formulated to work as a 1:1 replacement for heavy whipping cream.
Country Crock Plant Cream does the Heavy Lifting in Sauces and Whip
According to the company, Country Crock Plant Cream works great as a liquid cream in stovetop dishes or baked good recipes, and it whips up beautifully into fluffy whipped cream. Like coconut cream, it works best when cold. You can use it as a coconut-free alternative in my Foolproof Dairy-Free Whipped Cream Recipe.
Heavy Whipping Cream
Ingredients: plant milk (water, lentil protein), plant oil blend (palm kernel oil, canola oil, palm fruit oil), sugar, modified corn starch, sucrose esters of fatty acids, natural flavor mono & diglycerides, salt, guar gum, sunflower lecithin, locust bean gum, beta-carotene (color)
Nutrition (per 1 tablespoon): 45 calories, 4.5g fat, 0g carbs, 0g fiber, 0g sugars (includes 0g added sugars), 0g protein.*
More Facts on Country Crock Plant Cream
- Price: $3.99 per 16.9-ounce carton
- Availability: Country Crock Plant Cream is sold refrigerated at Albertsons family of stores (Safeway, Vons, etc), Giant stores, and other select retailers. Despite the aseptic look, the packaging states to “keep refrigerated” even before opening.
- Certifications: We did not notice any certifications on Country Crock Plant Cream.
- Dietary Notes: By ingredients, Country Crock Plant Cream is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian, and keto-friendly.*
- For More Product Information: Visit the Country Crock website at www.countrycrock.com.
*Always read the ingredient and nutrition statement prior to consumption. Ingredients, processes, and labeling are subject to change at any time for any company or product. Contact the company to discuss their manufacturing processes if potential allergen cross-contamination is an issue for you. No food product can be guaranteed “safe” for every individual’s needs. You should never rely on ingredient and allergen statements alone if dealing with a severe food allergy.