I could truly taste the simplicity in this lightly sweet cookie. The ingredients were fairly easy to identify, yet there were no overpowering flavors. This seemed to be Kookie Karma’s most mellow flavor, making it an excellent selection for a crowd-pleasing snack.
We enjoyed the obvious banana bread-like flavor that emerged at the beginning of each bite. The texture was very similar to Kookie Karma’s Cherry Cashew Cookie, somewhat of a cross between a traditional cookie and a power bar studded with finely chopped nuts. It had a pleasant chewy taste that was not too dry and not too soft.
The Banana Bread Cookie is also a touch high in fat and calories, but considering the source is from organic raw cashews and organic raw pumpkin seeds our diets may be more forgiving. In fact, beyond these two nutritious ingredients, organic bananas, organic agave nectar, and sea salt are it. The lack of added oils, flours, or refined sugar propels this cookie into the realm of a healthy snack.
- Pros: Vegan; Raw; Made with mostly organic ingredients; Gluten-free; Soy-free; High in protein; Low in sodium; Trans fat-free; Contains no refined sugars or flours (low glycemic)
- Cons: It is a high calorie / high fat food, but this is due to the good supply of pumpkin seeds and cashews in each cookie
- A High Energy Afternoon Snack
- Pleasing Various Taste Buds
- A Post-Workout Treat
- Raw and Vegan Diets
Where to Buy:
- Online – www.kookiekarma.com
- In Stores – Select stores in the U.S.