The ingredient statement for this tasty Raw Cookie reads like a hearty granola bar, but the experience is a bit more complex. With each bite, the sweet flavor of dried fruit emerges and then fades into an almost oat-like flavor and texture. Tiny seeds, chopped nuts, and coconut are scattered throughout the dense base, which has Kookie Karma’s signature cookie / power bar texture.
Despite the granola and cookie-like features, this treat is in fact oat and gluten free. More specifically, the Raw Granola Bar Cookie contains almonds, organic coconut, organic raisins, organic pumpkin seeds, organic sesame seeds, organic agave nectar, organic orange peel, and sea salt. Nothing more, nothing less…
As one taster noted, “there was nothing funny in the flavor of this cookie, it was just sweet and tasty.” Overall, we would define the Raw Granola Bar Cookie as a high calorie but nutrition packed snack, perfect for active days or light meals on the go.
- Pros: Vegan; Raw; Made with mostly organic ingredients; Gluten-free; Soy-free; High in protein; Low in sodium; Trans fat-free; Contains no refined sugars or flours; Good source of calcium (20% of RDI)
- Cons: A bit high in overall sugar and fat, though the sweeteners used are low glycemic
- Active Kids and Adults
- Hiking or Post-Workout Treat
- Calcium Concerns
Where to Buy:
- Online – www.kookiekarma.com
- In Stores – Select stores in the U.S.