The Chocolate Treasures have a very brownie-like flavor. At first bite, I thought I tasted a touch too much maple syrup, but the sweetness quickly merged into a decadent chocolate cookie. These cookies also benefit from Vegan Delight’s signature texture: soft and chewy, with big walnut chunks throughout.
Beyond the straight up good taste, these cookies really won me over in the “freezing” test. We froze them, let them defrost just a bit (spare those teeth!) and then smashed vanilla soy ice cream between one Vegan Delight’s Chocolate Treasure and one of their Lemon Cookies. Heaven! Messy and delicious, my favorite dining combination.
Though I liked them both, I actually preferred Vegan Delight’s Chocolate Treasures to their Oatmeal cookies. While my colleague, who gobbles up anything chocolate, preferred the Oatmeal variety. We seem to have a hung jury, yet all of the cookies are gone!
- Pros: Made with organic ingredients; Vegan (of course); Tasty dessert yet low on guilt; Cute, simple packaging with perfectly sized cookies (about 2.5” in diameter); Chocolate, need I say more?
- Cons: The nutritional information (beyond ingredients) is not listed on the wrapper; Top quality organic ingredients and “homemade” come with a slightly higher price
- Chocolate Cravings
- Snack Drawer at the Office
- College Gift Baskets
- (Soy) milk Dunking for Kids
- Ice Cream Sandwiches!
Once again, their ingredients are definitely worth noting: walnuts, organic chocolate chips (organic cane sugar, organic cocoa paste, organic cocoa butter, non-GMO soy lecithin, organic vanilla), organic oat flour, organic unbleached white flour, organic evaporated cane juice, organic maple syrup, organic cocoa powder (non-alkaline), organic unrefined extra-virgin olive oil, filtered water, organic vanilla extract, soy lecithin and sea salt.
Where to Buy:
- Online: Direct from www.Vegan-Delights.com