Get your dairy-free cookie dough ready. Endangered Species Oat Milk Chocolate Chips now come in two varieties: 55% Cocoa (semi-sweet dark) and 75% Cocoa (venturing-into-health-food dark). The newer, much richer 75% chocolate chips are made with the same formula as their 75% Oat Milk Chocolate Bar line, but they are portioned into wee little chips. Yes these are mini chocolate chips. In fact, I would call them mini minis!
Endangered Species Oat Milk Chocolate Chips Now in Two Premium Varieties
Endangered Species Oat Milk Chocolate Chips are billed as Premium Baking Chips, which contain no dairy and are made with gluten-free oats. The 55% variety has half the sugar of standard milk chocolate chips, but they’re also less creamy, and have more of a semi-sweet flavor. The 75% Oat Milk Chocolate Chips have just 2 grams of sugar per serving, and taste like intense little hits of dark chocolate.
Nutrition (per 1.5 tablespoons): 90 calories, 7g fat, 6g carbs, 2g fiber, 2g sugars (includes 2g added sugars), 1g protein.*
Ingredients: chocolate liquor, cane sugar, cocoa butter, whole grain oats, soy lecithin, vanilla. Contains soy. Produced on equipment that also processes product containing milk, peanuts and tree nuts.
Nutrition (per 1.5 tablespoons): 90 calories, 6g fat, 7g carbs, 1g fiber, 4g sugars (includes 4g added sugars), 1g protein.*
More Facts on Endangered Species Oat Milk Chocolate Chips
- Price: $6.49 per 10-ounce bag
- Availability: Endangered Species Oat Milk Chocolate Chips are sold at Whole Foods stores in the U.S., and they are rolling out to other natural food stores. We’ve spotted them online in Canada, too! You can also order them direct from the company’s website below, or order them on Amazon.
- Certifications: Endangered Species Oat Milk Chocolate Chips are Certified Gluten-Free, Certified Vegan, Non-GMO Verified, Certified Fair Trade, and Certified Kosher D (for dairy equipment, not ingredients; see our Understanding Kosher Guide).
- Dietary Notes: By ingredients, Endangered Species Oat Milk Chocolate Chips are dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, vegan, and vegetarian.*
- For More Product Information: Visit the Endangered Species website at www.chocolatebar.com.
*Always read the ingredient and nutrition statement prior to consumption. Ingredients, processes, and labeling are subject to change at any time for any company or product. Contact the company to discuss their manufacturing processes if potential allergen cross-contamination is an issue for you. No food product can be guaranteed “safe” for every individual’s needs. You should never rely on ingredient and allergen statements alone if dealing with a severe food allergy.
Average Reader Review
Leave Your Rating & Review for This Product
What Others Are Saying ...
These aren’t creamy, like milk chocolate chips. In fact, they’re more rustic in taste and texture. The dark chips are very dark in taste, and the 55% have a nice sweetness. I can’t say they are my go to, but a nice change up for something different.