It is pretty easy to make your own dairy-free buttermilk alternative for recipes, but I must admit, Mill It Plant Based Buttermilk is a next level option. Their product is cultured, like dairy buttermilk, and thus rich with live and active cultures. And it’s made with a naturally nutritious blend of ancient grains, coconut cream, and seed butter. It’s also convenient, and ready to use in everything from smoothies to pancakes to sauces and salad dressings.
Mill It Releases the First Bottled Dairy-Free Buttermilk Alternative
We have all the pertinent details on this product below. But once you get the chance to buy and try this product in your own recipes, please do leave your unbiased rating and review. It helps others make an informed decision!
Ingredients: organic cultured ancient grains (water, organic sorghum flour, organic millet flour, cultures), organic coconut cream, organic sunflower seed butter, organic locust bean gum, gellan gum, xanthan gum. live and active cultures: s. thermophilus, l. bulgaricus, l. lactis, b. lactis and l. acidophilus.
Nutrition (per 1 cup): 60 calories, 4.5g fat, 2g carbs, 1g fiber, <1g sugars (includes 0g added sugars), 1g protein.*
More Facts on Mill It Plant Based Buttermilk Alternative
- Price: $4.99 to $5.99 per 32-ounce bottle
- Availability: Mill It Plant Based Buttermilk Alternative is sold refrigerated at Whole Foods, Stater Bros, Harris Teeter, Sprouts, Vegan Essentials and Fresh Direct in the U.S.
- Certifications: Mill It Plant Based Buttermilk Alternative is Certified Organic and Non-GMO Verified.
- Dietary Notes: By ingredients, Mill It Plant Based Buttermilk Alternative is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, oil-free, added sugar-free, vegan, vegetarian, and keto friendly.*
- For More Product Information: Visit the Mill It Farms website at www.millitfarms.com.
*Always read the ingredient and nutrition statement prior to consumption. Ingredients, processes, and labeling are subject to change at any time for any company or product. Contact the company to discuss their manufacturing processes if potential allergen cross-contamination is an issue for you. No food product can be guaranteed “safe” for every individual’s needs. You should never rely on ingredient and allergen statements alone if dealing with a severe food allergy.
Average Reader Review
Leave Your Rating & Review for This Product
What Others Are Saying ...
I used this to make buttermilk biscuits and was pretty impressed! They came out really tender, fluffy, and flavorful. By itself, it takes a lot like thin yogurt; lightly tangy and tart, thicker than plain milk, and a bit richer too. I can’t say it will be a regular staple because of the price, but it’s really nice to have the option!