Malk Organics has announced a big U.S. distribution expansion of their organic oat milk line, and a new Chocolate flavor. Unlike most other brands, all Oat Malk varieties, yes even the chocolate, are unsweetened. They’re also made with just 3 to 5 ingredients and are free of oils, gums, and fillers.
Malk Organics Expands Oil-Free, Gum-Free Oat Milk Line
There’s no denying oat milk’s extreme popularity in recent years. However, there’s quite a bit of controversy about its nutritional merits. Most brands are heavily processed, high in sugars, and emulsified with oils and gums. But Oat Malk attempts to take one big step toward the healthy side with their clean label flavors.
Ingredients: filtered water, organic gluten free oats, himalayan pink salt.*
Nutrition (per 8-ounce serving): 90 calories, 1.5g fat, 17g carbs, 2g fiber, 6g sugars (includes 6g added sugars), 3g protein.*
Ingredients: filtered water, organic gluten free oats, pure organic vanilla extract made from vanilla beans, himalayan pink salt.*
Nutrition (per 8-ounce serving): 80 calories, 1.5g fat, 13g carbs, 2g fiber, 5g sugars (includes 5g added sugars), 2g protein.*
Ingredients: filtered water, organic gluten free oats, organic cocoa, pure organic vanilla extract made from vanilla beans, himalayan pink salt.*
Nutrition (per 8-ounce serving): 80 calories, 2g fat, 14g carbs, 4g fiber, 4g sugars (includes 4g added sugars), 2g protein.*
About the Added Sugars in Oat Malk
If you’ve ever made oat milk at home, then you might wonder how store-bought brands are so perfectly creamy. At home, it’s difficult to get rid of the somewhat slimy consistency from the starch in the oats. But producers use processes to breakdown the starch, for a smoother consistency. What results is maltose, a type of sugar, which the FDA states is an added sugar. So their processes create the “added” sugars.
More Facts on Oat Malk Oat Milk Beverages
- Price: $5.99 per 32 -ounce bottle
- Availability: Oat Malk is sold at Whole Foods, Sprouts, Harris Teeter, The Fresh Market, Nugget Markets, and Acme Ohio. The Ralphs, King Soopers, Natural Grocers, Sprouts, HEB, and other natural food stores in the U.S. The Chocolate Oat Malk has more limited distribution to start. It’s available in certain Whole Foods regions and at smaller retailers, like Erewhon, Gelson’s, and MOM’s Natural.
- Certifications: Oat Malk is Certified Organic.
- Dietary Notes: By ingredients, Oat Malk is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, oil-free, vegan, and vegetarian.*
- For More Product Information: Visit the Malk Organics website at malkorganics.com.
*Always read the ingredient and nutrition statement prior to consumption. Ingredients, processes, and labeling are subject to change at any time for any company or product. Contact the company to discuss their manufacturing processes if potential allergen cross-contamination is an issue for you. No food product can be guaranteed “safe” for every individual’s needs. You should never rely on ingredient and allergen statements alone if dealing with a severe food allergy.