You asked, and they listened. Primal Kitchen has veered away from nuts and seeds completely with their latest dairy alternative. Primal Kitchen Cheez Sauce is made with a simple base blend of avocado oil and carrots. In fact, it contains just 10 ingredients and shuns all top allergens – including sesame!
Primal Kitchen Cheez Sauce Keeps it Simple with Dairy-Free Cheddar
They lump Primal Kitchen Cheez Sauce into their pasta sauce line, which might be selling it short. This dairy-free cheddar cheese alternative is a potentially good option for instant vegan mac and cheese. But the company also touts it for baked potatoes and Mexican food, like nachos and enchiladas. It’s mild, not spicy like their Queso, for added versatility. You can see the full ingredients below, followed by more information. Be sure to leave your rating and review once you buy and try it!
Nutrition (per 1/4 cup): 70 calories, 4.5g fat, 4g carbs, 1g fiber, 0g sugars (includes 0g added sugars), 2g protein.*
More Allergen Notes
According to the company, their products are manufactured in a shared facility and on a shared line with other products that contain most of the 8 major allergens. They do clean equipment and do allergen testing between runs. If anything is detected then it is cleaned down again. As always, if concerned about traces of an allergen, speak with the company.
More Facts on Primal Kitchen Cheez Sauce
- Price: $8.99 per 15-ounce jar
- Availability: Primal Kitchen Cheez Sauce is sold via Kroger family of stores, and via the company’s website below.
- Certifications: Primal Kitchen Cheez Sauce is Certified Gluten-Free, Certified Paleo, Certified Keto, and Whole30 Approved.
- Dietary Notes: By ingredients, Primal Kitchen Cheez Sauce is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, added sugar-free, vegan, vegetarian, keto, and paleo-friendly.*
- For More Product Information: Visit the www.primalkitchen.com.
*Always read the ingredient and nutrition statement prior to consumption. Ingredients, processes, and labeling are subject to change at any time for any company or product. Contact the company to discuss their manufacturing processes if potential allergen cross-contamination is an issue for you. No food product can be guaranteed “safe” for every individual’s needs. You should never rely on ingredient and allergen statements alone if dealing with a severe food allergy.