I feel almost late to the party with this review. The Blender Girl launched just one week ago, but foodies are already buzzing as this vegan snf gluten-free cookbook is taking special diets to a new level of awareness. It hit the top 200 for all books on Amazon before it was even released! Yes, ALL books – not just cookbooks or nutritional books.
So what makes The Blender Girl a standout not only among the sea of new vegan cookbooks, but in the book world as a whole? It would be easy to say that it is the concept of the book (Tons of healthy recipes that you can easily make in your blender? Awesome!), the GORGEOUS photography (Yes, I just had to include samples of it below and here), or the promise of so many fabulous recipes (Raw Chocolate Orange Torte – need I say more?).
But, having met the author, Tess Masters, I know that she is the key to this cookbook’s success. Bursting with vitality, Tess lights up and takes charge of a room. The first thing that everyone wants to know upon meeting her is “Where does she get all of that energy?” Just 5 minutes with this vivacious woman, and I was ready to trial whatever diet she was on! It doesn’t surprise me in the least bit that Tess’s website, The Blender Girl – Healthy Blender Recipes, has become so popular, and that her book is already wildly successful.
Here are some more examples from The Blender Girl cookbook and what it looks like to eat like Tess Masters!
Some more of the recipes that I’ve dog-eared to trial from The Blender Girl include:
- Choc-ful Chocolate Surprise (the adorable picture alone makes this one enticing – the ingredients make it intriguing!)
- Pine Nut “Parmesan” (another fabulous nut cheese with wholesome ingredients)
- Green Queen (I have a feeling that this recipe holds many secrets to Tess’s energy)
- Butternut Bliss Soup (infused with so many amazing flavors)
- Pad Thai is Always a Good Idea (it really is)
- Spicy Chickpea Burgers with Portobello Buns (genius!)
- Savory, Sweet and Spicy Crepes (my gluten-free husband would love these!)
- Orange Dreamsicles (unlike many others, these contain apricot, too)
- Sleep Spell (a dreamy sounding nighttime “milk”)
- I-Use-It-In-Everything Raw Mayo (beyond curious about this one)
This cookbook is also filled with healthy guides (sprouting?) and tips throughout. But why not check it out for yourself? The Blender Girl is available on Amazon, where more sample recipes are given!