Trader Joe’s is busy with vegan cheese launches this year! They’ve just rolled out a brand new, soy-free formula for their Vegan Cream Cheese, and reportedly have new slices and feta on the horizon. And we’re currently celebrating the somewhat recent launch of Trader Joe’s Dairy-Free Parmesan Cheese. It’s a shredded alternative that’s ready for sprinkling atop salads, pastas, and recipes – dairy-free eggplant parmesan anyone?
Trader Joe’s Dairy-Free Parmesan Cheese is Set to Shred the Competition
Despite the small ingredient list, reports are good on the taste and texture of this hard cheese alternative. Particularly since it’s so well priced. But be sure to leave your own rating and review below once you buy and try it!
Ingredients: Water, modified potato starch, coconut oil, salt, natural flavors, yeast extract, turmeric oleoresin, [for color], annatto extract [for color]), pea starch (anti-caking agent).
Nutrition (per 1/4 cup): 100 calories, 7g fat, 8g carbs, 0g fiber, 0g sugars (includes 0g added sugars), 0g protein.*
More Facts on Trader Joe’s Dairy-Free Parmesan Cheese Alternative
- Price: $3.99 per 8-ounce bag
- Availability: Trader Joe’s Dairy-Free Parmesan Cheese Alternative is sold exclusively at Trader Joe’s stores in the U.S., in the refrigerated deli case.
- Certifications: We did not note any certifications on Trader Joe’s Dairy-Free Parmesan Cheese Alternative.
- Dietary Notes: By ingredients, Trader Joe’s Dairy-Free Parmesan Cheese Alternative is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.*
- For More Product Information: Visit the Trader Joe’s website at www.traderjoes.com.
*Always read the ingredient and nutrition statement prior to consumption. Ingredients, processes, and labeling are subject to change at any time for any company or product. Contact the company to discuss their manufacturing processes if potential allergen cross-contamination is an issue for you. No food product can be guaranteed “safe” for every individual’s needs. You should never rely on ingredient and allergen statements alone if dealing with a severe food allergy.
Average Reader Review
Leave Your Rating & Review for This Product
What Others Are Saying ...
This is actually good
Finally a good substitute for Parmesan. It even melts, and the taste approaches the real thing. It’s great used with Trader Joe’s vegan pesto. I love it on salmon, or with eggs. I haven’t tried it with eggplant yet, but it’s gonna happen, also pizza