Last year, we shared the news of Trader Joe’s Vegan Buttery Spread, so you might be wondering what’s different. Both products are dairy-free and vegan-friendly, but they do have a very different format and formula. Instead of a stick, Trader Joe’s Organic Buttery Plant-Based Spread is sold in a tub. It’s also certified organic and free of any added proteins.
Trader Joe’s Goes Organic with this Buttery Plant-Based Spread
This rich, buttery blend has the perfect melt atop pancakes, but can also be whipped with other ingredients for dairy-free compound “butters,” icings, and more. It should also work in many baking applications (muffins, breads, etc), but might not be ideal for things like cookies.
Ingredients: organic oil blend (organic coconut oil, organic palm fruit oil, organic canola oil, organic high-oleic sunflower oil, organic flaxseed oil), water, sea salt, sunflower lecithin powder, organic natural flavor, mixed tocopherols, organic annatto extract (color)
Nutrition (per 1 tablespoon): 80 calories, 9g fat, 80mg sodium, 0g carbs, 0g fiber, 0g sugars (includes 0g added sugars), 0g protein.*
Who Makes Trader Joe’s Organic Buttery Plant-Based Spread?
This product appears to be identical to Melt Organic Buttery Spread. It really just looks like they changed the brand label, but nothing else. So if you don’t have a Trader Joe’s locally, just look for Melt Organic in stores!
More Facts on Trader Joe’s Organic Buttery Plant-Based Spread
- Price: $4.49 per 13-ounce
- Availability: Trader Joe’s Organic Buttery Plant-Based Spread is sold exclusively at Trader Joe’s stores in the U.S.
- Certifications: Trader Joe’s Organic Buttery Plant-Based Spread is is Certified Organic and Certified Kosher Pareve.
- Dietary Notes: By ingredients, Trader Joe’s Organic Buttery Plant-Based Spread is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian, and keto-friendly.*
- For More Product Information: Visit the Trader Joe’s website at www.traderjoes.com.
*Always read the ingredient and nutrition statement prior to consumption. Ingredients, processes, and labeling are subject to change at any time for any company or product. Contact the company to discuss their manufacturing processes if potential allergen cross-contamination is an issue for you. All food products are at some degree of risk for allergen cross-contamination. Only you can assess what is safe for your needs.
Perfect buttery blend
This Organic Buttery Plant-Based Spread recipe is mind-blowing and the gourmet recipe of my dreams.