Yes, you can bake cupcakes without milk, eggs, oil, or butter! In fact, all you need is two convenient ingredients from your pantry. I was just a kid when I first tried this recipe for 2 ingredient dairy-free cupcakes. I don’t even remember where my friend and I got the idea from. I’m pretty sure, it was around long before us.
2 Ingredient Dairy-Free Cupcakes: Made 2 Ways in Endless Flavors
As you might expect, these cupcakes are more moist than the traditional preparation, and don’t rise quite as much. But they are still delicious. Plus, it’s so easy and fun to experiment with flavors in the recipe belw. If you go the pumpkin route, we love vanilla, spice, chocolate, gingerbread, and of course, pumpkin cake mixes. But you might get creative with other cake flavors. The soda option gets even more adventurous. You can use plain soda, or use a flavor. Cherry cola chocolate cupcakes anyone?
Special Diet Notes: 2 Ingredient Dairy-Free Cupcakes
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian. But it does depend on the cake mix you use. We have not tested this method with gluten-free cake mix.
- 1 box dairy-free cake mix (see post above for options)
- 1 1(15-ounce) can pumpkin puree OR 1 (12-ounce) can soda
- Preheat your oven, per the box instructions, and line muffin cups with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cake mix and pumpkin or soda.
- Pour the batter into your prepared muffin cups.
- Bake as directed on the box, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
For More Dairy-Free Living Guidance, get Go Dairy Free!