This easy dairy-free almond bubble tea recipe was deemed a “very tasty, good recipe” by our testing team. The recipe was submitted by Loanne Chiu as a Savory entry in the BIG Snackable Recipe Contest (entries are closed, and the winners have been announced on that post!).
The contest is a celebration of our new FREE Snackable eBook with delicious, original Sweet, Savory and Sippable Dairy-Free Recipes. Download and enjoy it now via PDF, iTunes, Kindle, Kobo or Google Play: www.godairyfree.org/snackable-ebook
Since Sarah has tested and approved this recipe for Dairy-Free Almond Bubble Tea as one she would repeat, I’ve added it to the “Sarah’s Recipes” section. Sarah said that the frozen tapioca pearls / bubble tea can be hard to find, but she had good luck making this recipe with the 5-minute shelf-stable pearls / boba.
Special Diet Notes: Almond Bubble Tea
By ingredients this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 2 oolong or black teabags
- 1 cup frozen ready cooked 5-minute Tapioca Pearls (aka bubble or boba tea)*
- 1½ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Original Almond Milk Creamer
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar, or to taste
- Ice cubes
- Place the tea bags in a large mug and pour in 1 cup of boiling water; let steep.
- In a small saucepan bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Stir in the tapioca pearls for 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Discard the teabags. Mix the tea with the creamer, almond extract, and salt. Stir in the sugar to taste.
- Divide the tapioca pearls and almond tea mixture over 2 large, chilled glasses. Stir in ice cubes and serve with a spoon or very large straw to sip the pearls.