This garlic mashed potatoes recipe is an entry in the So Delicious Dairy Free 3-Course Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Sarah Chaney. For the creamy texture, she uses Almond Plus Protein AlmondMilk from So Delicious.
Sarah says, “These are soon yummy!!! This recipe is super easy to make and tastes delicious. I will never have mashed potatoes with dairy again!! The almond flavor with the garlic and cumin works perfectly together! I can eat the whole thing!!”
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/so-delicious-dairy-free-3-course-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Garlic Mashed Potatoes
By ingredients, this garlic mashed potatoes recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 10 potatoes, peeled
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup So Delicious Dairy Free Almond Plus AlmondMilk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil the potatoes until soft, drain and place back on medium burner.
- Mash potatoes with potato masher and gradually add almond milk and spices.
- Smash cloves of garlic and add to mixture. I let them cook for another 3-4 minutes to really integrate the ingredients.
- Add salt and pepper to your liking. That's it!!!