This garlic almond dip is such a simple recipe, so rich and creamy, and full of nutritious ingredients – what’s not to like? It’s perfect for vegetable dipping or even using as a hearty spread. The recipe is a Savory entry in the BIG Snackable Recipe Contest (over $3500 in cash prizes available!) submitted by Shelly Platten.
The contest is a celebration of our new FREE Snackable eBook with delicious, original Sweet, Savory and Sippable Dairy-Free Recipes. Download and enjoy it now via PDF, iTunes, Kindle, Kobo or Google Play: www.godairyfree.org/snackable-ebook
Special Diet Notes: Garlic Almond Dip
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, optionally vegan / plant-based, and vegetarian. Just use caution when selecting your bread for this garlic almond dip – yes, many brands do contain dairy! We like Rudi’s Bakery and Silver Hills Bakery – both brands offer both wheat and certified gluten-free hearty loaves throughout the U.S. and Canada.
No food processor? No problem. You can grind the nuts and bread (together, but usually in two batches) in a spice grinder and then blend with the remaining ingredients in your blender.
- 1 cup unsalted, roasted almonds
- 1 slice crustless whole grain dairy-free bread, torn into pieces (can sub hearty gluten-free bread)
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Original or Unsweetened Coconut Milk Beverage
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Add the almonds and bread to a food processor. Pulse until ground into a fine grit, then add the garlic, vinegar and salt. Continue processing until it becomes like nut butter, then with processor running drizzle in coconut milk.
- To serve place in bowl, cover with fresh parsley and serve with fresh veggie dippers and crackers.