Special Diet Notes: Almond Hummus
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
Almond Hummus (Vegan, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free)
This recipe is from the cookbook, “I am Grateful: Recipes & Lifestyle of Café Gratitude“
Author: Alisa Fleming
Serves: 3 cups
- 2½ cups almonds, soaked for 12 hours
- ¼ cup, plus 1 tablespoon raw tahini
- ¾ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 11/2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1¾ teaspoons cumin
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup plus 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¾ cup water (divided use)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the “S” blade, grind down the drained and rinsed almonds. Add the remaining ingredients, minus half the water. Begin again to puree the ingredients together, adding water until you reach a creamy texture.
- Taste the hummus and adjust any ingredients to your liking: garlic, lemon juice, cumin, olive oil.
- This can be served drizzled with olive oil and dusted with cumin and paprika.
Calories: 68 Fat: 6g Saturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 2g Sodium: 37mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 2g Cholesterol: 0g