Special Diet Notes: Cheezy Tofu Spread with Pine Nuts
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
Cheezy Tofu Spread with Pine Nuts (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
The recipe comes from “The Nut Gourmet” by Zel Allen, however, it was the Vegetarian Kitchen blog that brought it to our attention with their review.
Author: Zel Allen
Serves: 2 cups
- 1 pound extra-firm tofu
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened dairy-free milk beverage
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons red miso
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in the food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
- Stop the machine occasionally to scrape down the sides of the work bowl.
- Serve immediately or thoroughly chilled.
- Stored in a covered container in the refrigerator, Cheezy Tofu Spread with Pine Nuts will keep for one week.