Special Diet Note: Chickpea Lentil Paratha
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, plant-based, vegan, vegetarian, and top food allergy-friendly.
- 3 cups chick pea, lentil or mung bean flour, or a combination
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water
- Vegetable oil for brushing the breads and for frying.
- 2 tablespoons ground fenugreek (spice section)
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 1 bunch cilantro, tough stems removed
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup lemon or lime juice
- Mix all dough ingredients together and knead for just about one minute. Brush the dough with oil and let rest a few minutes. Divide into 8 balls.
- Sprinkle a little flour on a board. Roll out the ball, with your fingers, about 5 inches in diameter, brush the whole surface lightly with oil. Fold in 4, roll out again. Brush again with oil. Fry in a hot non stick skillet brushed with oil or sprayed with vegetable spray, a minute or two on each side. Keep warm until you finish frying the whole batch. Serve with curries and chutney.
- Process all ingredients in a food processor to a fine grind. Store in a glass jar.