Most cheesy dips are loaded with fat and light on nutrition, but this vegan hot parmesan artichoke dip is downright healthy. It’s relatively high in protein, with a modest amount of “good” fats, but still rich in flavor and consistency. You can enjoy it with bread, crackers, or crudite. Serve it at gatherings or for any day.
This recipe was originally shared with us from The Uncheese Cookbook by Jo Stepaniak back in 2006. But we recently updated the recipe for clarity and with more options.
Special Diet Notes: Hot Parmesan Artichoke Dip
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 2 (14-ounce) cans water-packed artichoke hearts
- 1½ cups firm silken tofu, crumbled
- ½ cup plain unsweetened dairy-free milk beverage
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot, non-GMO cornstarch, or kuzu
- ½ teaspoon crushed garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegan Parmesan substitute or store-bought dairy-free Parmesan alternative
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and lightly grease a large pie pan, quiche pan, or shallow casserole dish.
- Rinse and drain the artichoke hearts, squeeze dry, and quarter.
- Place the artichokes, tofu, milk beverage, basil, oregano, marjoram, starch or kuzu, galric, and salt in your blender or food processor. Process until very smooth.
- Pour the artichoke mixture into a bowl and stir in the Parmesan substitute.
- Transfer the dip to your prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until lightly crusty on top. Serve hot, straight from the baking dish.
Optional Toppings: You can top this dip with chopped parsley and/or additional shredded vegan parmesan (like Follow Your Heart, Violife, or Treeline)