This easy spicy chickpea dip recipe comes from the Vegetarian Times.
Special Diet Notes: Spicy Chickpea Dip
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds, lightly toasted over medium heat for 3 minutes in a small skillet, then ground into a fine powder
- 2 15-oz. cans of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon hot paprika.
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a food processor, blend ground cumin, chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, paprika and cayenne pepper until very finely chopped.
- With the machine running, add oil and process until smooth.
- Transfer puree to bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and combine.
- Serve at room temperature.