Special Diet Notes: Vegan Nut Pate
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian. Optionally gluten-free.
- ¾ cup pecans
- 1 ¾ cups walnuts
- ¼ medium red onion
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 ½ lb. plain firm tofu
- 2 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup soy sauce or wheat free Tamari (gluten-free)
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley
- Toast pecans and walnuts in 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Coarsely chop the onion and garlic.
- Place all ingredients (except the parsley) in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Remove from processor and stir in the chopped parsley. Refrigerate until ready to serve.