These apple cinnamon baked cereal bars are made with wholesome ingredients, but they’re satisfying enough for a nutritious dessert. They’re little like granola bars, but have a cake-like texture that’s a bit like blondies, and a taste that’s sweet, but not too sweet.
If you’re looking for something to share with friends, this is a also good pan to bring to a party. Maybe bring along some pints of dairy-free oatmilk ice cream. And of course, the leftovers would make a great breakfast the next morning.
Photo by Kashi
Special Diet Notes: Apple Cinnamon Baked Cereal Bars
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, optionally egg-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, optionally vegan, and vegetarian.
- 2 cups finely crushed dairy-free cereal (like Kashi GO Crunch!)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup turbinado sugar, cane sugar, or coconut sugar
- ½ cup egg substitute (can sub 2 large eggs)
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely diced apples
- Preheat your oven to 350°F, and grease and flour a 11x7-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cereal, flour, raisins, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix together the applesauce, sugar, egg substitute (or egg), honey, oil and vanilla. Stir in the apples. Add the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Spread the mixture evenly in your prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before cutting into bars.