These simple apple pie smoothies have serious kid-friendly appeal (see Sarah’s notes for an “adult” taste upgrade), with the creamy “a la mode” blended right in! The recipe was submitted by Rachel Ruiz as a Sippable entry in the BIG Snackable Recipe Contest.
Rachel says, “My 4 year old loves these apple pie smoothies (and so do I)! Like an apple pie in a cup, but dairy-free and packed with healthy goodness.”
Totally Kid-Friendly! Sarah’s family agrees with Rachel’s, all three of her youngest children loved it, even “The girl who will only drink chocolate PB banana smoothies asked if I could make this one for breakfast tomorrow!”
For Adults: Sarah, her husband and her oldest daughter thought it could use a bit more acid, but that could be remedied with a squeeze of lemon, pinch of salt, or homemade applesauce, “If I made it with homemade unsweetened applesauce it would be perfect. I used store bought, which is more bland.”
Special Diet Notes: Apple Pie Smoothies
By ingredients this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based, and vegetarian.
For nut-free apple pie smoothies, you can use coconut milk beverage and coconut milk yogurt in place of the almond varieties. It will give a slightly different flavor vibe, but should still be quite tasty!
- 1 cup So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Almond Plus Milk Beverage
- 6 ounces So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Cultured Almond Milk
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ½ cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus additional for garnish
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in the jar of a blender and blend on high speed until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and dust with cinnamon, to garnish.