This recipe for Asian grilled chicken noodle bowls was shared with us by Pacific Foods. It’s a perfect easy weekday meal, or a deliciously light reason to fire up the grill on the weekend. The bold flavors also pair well with steamed broccoli or baby bok choy, so feel free to add some to this dish for more greenery.
Special Diet Notes: Asian Grilled Chicken Noodle Bowls
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally gluten-free, nut-free, and peanut-free.
For vegan Asian noodle bowls, swap a 16-ounce block of extra-firm tofu for the chicken. Slice it horizontally to make 4 big thin slabs before marinating, or cut the block in half vertically, then cut each in half horizontally for thicker slabs.
- ½ cup wheat-free tamari (for gluten free) or soy sauce
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon peeled fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 onion, sliced
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Toasted sesame seeds, to garnish (optional)
- Whisk the tamari or soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, ginger, and curry powder together in an 8-inch square glass baking dish. Add the chicken and onion, turning to coat with the marinade. Cover and let marinate at room temperature 1 hour or refrigerate up to 3 hours, turning the chicken occasionally.
- Cook the rice noodles according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, prepare your barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat your oven broiler.
- Remove the chicken from marinade. Strain the marinade into a medium saucepan, and add the broth. Boil until the sauce coats a spoon, about 12 minutes.
- Once your grill is preheated, spray the chicken with oil. Grill it for about 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Slice each chicken breast.
- Divide the rice noodles between 4 bowls, top each with 1 sliced chicken breast, and spoon the sauce over top. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, if using.