This recipe for potato risotto is an entry in our Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, created and submitted by Roxanne Chan. To qualify, the recipe includes Coconut Milk Beverage by So Delicious Dairy Free.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: www.godairyfree.org/news/spring-fling-dairy-free-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Asian Spring Potato Risotto
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan and vegetarian. In fact, potato risotto appears to be top food allergy-friendly!
- 4 medium russet potatoes (about 1¼ pounds total), peeled and cut into ½ inch dice
- 4 cups So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Coconut Milk Beverage
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- ½ cup frozen green peas, thawed
- ½ cup chopped red radishes
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 1 tablespoon snipped mint
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black sesame seeds
- Chive flowers, for garnish
- Combine the potatoes, coconut milk and chili garlic sauce in a large nonstick skillet. Bring to a boil, lower the heat to medium high heat and cook uncovered till the dish is creamy in appearance and the potatoes are tender, 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients; heat through.
- Serve with garnish.