This recipe for Asian Yogurt Dessert is a “5 minutes or less” entry in the Fast & Fresh Dairy-Free Time Trials Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Hidemi Walsh. For the yogurt, Hidemi uses Greek-Style Cultured Almond Milk from So Delicious.
Sweet, salty, savory – we can’t wait to try the unique flavor combination in this yogurt dessert!
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/dairy-free-time-trials-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Asian Dairy-Free Yogurt Dessert
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
For a nut-free yogurt dessert, So Delicious offers Greek-Style Cultured Coconut Milk.
For a gluten-free and dairy-free Asian yogurt dessert, use wheat-free tamari in place of the soy sauce. If needed, coconut aminos are a soy-free, allergy-friendly substitute for the soy sauce.
- 1 container (6 oz) So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Greek Cultured Almond Milk (Yogurt)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons marmalade jam
- ¼ teaspoon soy sauce (can substitute wheat-free tamari for gluten-free)
- ⅛ teaspoon white sesame seeds
- Make sauce. In a small bowl, mix together marmalade jam and soy sauce.
- Put the cultured almond milk into a serving bowl. Pour the sauce and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.