This recipe for a dairy-free avocado chicken salad panini is an entry in our Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, created and submitted by Carly Hanellin. To qualify, the recipe uses Cultured Coconut Milk (yogurt) from So Delicious Dairy Free.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: www.godairyfree.org/news/spring-fling-dairy-free-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Avocado Chicken Salad Panini
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and generally allergy-friendly.
- 4 ounces baked boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- 1 6-ounce container So Delicious Dairy Free Plain Greek-style Cultured Coconut Milk (yogurt)
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Cilantro, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 slices whole wheat or gluten-free bread of choice
- Combine all ingredients, except the bread, in a medium bowl. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Spread mixture on 1 slice of toast. Top with other slice. Place in panini press and cook until lightly browned. You can optionally grill the sandwich.