This recipe for blueberry banana oatmeal cups is a “savory” entry in our March Recipe Madness Contest, created and submitted by Margaret Rewers. It’s a flourless breakfast that’s ready when you are. These dense oatmeal “muffins” keep in the refrigerator for a few days, and can be frozen to enjoy later.
Special Diet Notes: Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Cups
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, optionally gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian.
For lower glycemic banana oatmeal cups, substitute coconut sugar for the brown sugar. They will be a little less sweet.
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk beverage
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups oats (certified gluten-free, if needed)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a cupcake pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine bananas, egg, almond milk, brown sugar, and mix together.
- Add dry oats, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and blueberries and mix until combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop, divide the mixture among the cups.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden on top.