This recipe for blueberry banana oatmeal cups is a “savory” entry in our March Recipe Madness Contest, created and submitted by Margaret Rewers. To qualify, the recipe contains 8 ingredients or less, but includes Almond Plus Protein Almond Milk by So Delicious Dairy Free.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/march-recipe-madness-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Cups
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, optionally gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian.
For nut-free banana oatmeal cups, substitute coconut milk beverage for the almond milk.
For vegan and egg-free banana oatmeal cups, use your favorite egg replacer for the 1 egg. You can even use more banana (a scant 1/4 cup), if desired, or stick with powdered egg replacer for a lighter finish.
For lower glycemic banana oatmeal cups, substitute coconut sugar for the brown sugar.
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Almond Plus Almond Milk
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups dry oats (certified gluten-free, if needed)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a cupcake pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine bananas, egg, almond milk, brown sugar, and mix together.
- Add dry oats, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and blueberries and mix until combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop, divide the mixture among the cups.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden on top.